Week Ending January 8, 2016
Highlights of the Week:
- Mrs. Weber has been nominated to represent St. Paul Lutheran at the Saginaw Spirit's Teacher Appreciation night on February 19th. She will receive 4 complimentary tickets to the game and a gift from the organization.
- Mrs. Hoffman hit the ground running this week. When talking to her she said, "wow, Mrs. Baldwin did at lot around here."
Problems of the Week:
- Some lack of communication between PTL and myself that upset a couple teachers. I have spoke with a PTL rep to let them know that we need to know their plans at least a week in advance in the future so that teachers can prepare accordingly.
You Should be Aware of:
- I have made contact with Chuck Winterstein. He has been assigned to be our consultant throughout the NLSA Accreditation process. Mr. Winterstein will be coming to visit us early next week to help facilitate our first action steps.
- I presented the Board of Evangelism's idea of students writing letters that can be mailed to Inactive Congregation members. We are thinking it may be a good outreach project to be completed as part of our Lutheran Schools Week celebration.
- Our enrollment went down 5 students. Two expelled, one moved to Florida, two withdrawn to be home schooled. All but one of these students are tuition paying community members.
- I am preparing the documents to send to Credit Services of Michigan pertaining to Childcare and Latchkey accounts.
Joke of the Week
After i-messaging back and forth with my wife, I jokingly commanded Siri to pass along this message: “You need to get back to work now; you have a husband to support.”
Here’s what Siri sent: “You need to get back to work now; you have a has-been to support.”
Schedule of Events:
01/18/16- Bay Region Lutheran's teacher conference
01/29/16- End of 2nd Marking Period, 1/2 day of school
02/05/16- Dad's and Doughnuts 8:00-10:30 a.m.
02/18/16- Attorney General's OK2say Presentations to students
02/19/16- Teacher Appreciation Night for the Saginaw Spirits