A Weekly Communication Tool for Rice Elementary Staff
- Ensuring ALL students are in attendance.
- Cultivating a climate that welcomes students and parents.
- Creating opportunities for students to use and increase critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Moving from Parent Involvement to Parent Engagement.
Staff Shout Outs
3rd and 4th grade math teams for working so hard the last couple days to plan an awesome STAAR review for kiddos. I can't wait to see it in action!!!
Huge thank you to Mrs. James, Mrs. Korabek, Ms. Henry, Mrs. Hooper, Ms. Heard, Mrs. Marler, Mrs. Staton, Mrs. Fleming, Mr. Bearden, and Mrs. Morgan for opening their classrooms today to showcase our students using technology! The team was amazed at the level of engagement and understanding our students have. They also came up with ways they can better serve our campus!!!
Week at a Glance: April 15-19th
1:15-1st Grade Cohort PD
2:10-Kinder Cohort PD
3:15-Disc Golf Tournament
3rd Grade PLC
7:00-Content Leaders Meeting
10:20-2nd Grade Cohort PD
11:00-Cryar 4th Grade Visit
1st Grade Planning Day
4th Grade PLC
4th ELA Planning Day
Malinda @ Principal's Meeting
1st/2nd Grade Math
1st Grade Field Trip
Melissa @ LPAC Meeting
4:00-Hispanic Achievement Forum at CHS
**Early Voting Begins**
Save the Date to Early Vote
Friday, April 19th, 8am
207 West Phillips Street
Student Learning Objective and Summative TTESS
Details were emailed for the summative conferences and your SLO evaluations. Please begin your final rating for your SLO.
April Walk-through Focus: Anchor Charts
After our staff development, our classrooms have really been impacted by the use of Anchor charts. The focus for feedback for the month of April will be on Anchor Charts. We want to continue to make them interactive, allow for students (and teachers) to be a part of creating them, and also refer back to them as a reference for the learning.
Salute To Education
- hors d'oeuvres will be served in the adjoining room before 5:00pm while live music performed by one of our high schools will be playing in the lobby
- Seating in the Harvest Hall will begin at 5:30pm
- tickets will be collected at the doors of Harvest Hall
- Ceremony will begin promptly at 6pm with Presentation of Colors
Things you need to know about the Salute to Education Ceremony:
- ticket sales begin April 1 to April 26 or until SOLD OUT - $10 per ticket
- tickets for the TOY, HOY, and Rising Star Honorees will be purchased by Conroe ISD (A Family member tickets will be purchased by the campus)
- tickets are required for ALL attending (including children)
- Checks to purchase tickets will be addressed to TSTA-CONROE and written in blue or black ink ONLY
- attire is casual formal (dressy church clothes)