Snohomish K-6 Remote
Important Information - September 16, 2021
Snohomish K-6 Remote Families,
Last night we had a great turn out at Ms. Doyle and Ms. Lierman’s instructional schedule meeting describing how they are going to keep our 5th and 6th grade students learning together for math and writing. Multi-aged split classrooms in a remote environment create some scheduling challenges, but we feel very positive about our plan for meeting students learning needs by Ms. Doyle and Ms. Lierman working as a collaborative team.
We recognize that some of you are still having some technical challenges. Please use 360.563.7222 for all your technical assistance and 360.563.7366 as the main line for all attendance and other Snohomish K-6 Remote questions.
We are excited to announce our remote specialists for K-6 Remote. Our specialists are still working with our Teaching and Learning Department and Technology to create working links that will allow students to asynchronously complete their specialists. We are hoping to have all links, activities and lessons posted ASAP for all of our three specialists.
- Mr. Beal will be music teacher (currently the music teacher at Emerson)
- Mrs. Geller will be the PE teacher (currently the PE teacher at Little Cedars)
- Mrs. Banker will be the Librarian (currently the Librarian at Emerson)
We appreciate all of your grace and patience while waiting for all the necessary supplies. We will have our first distribution on September 23. Not everything has arrived yet, but we are hopeful that most of the critical supplies will be available. At this time we are thinking about having regular distributions about every 3 weeks.
Take care of yourself and each other!
Mr. Sam Hanson
Snohomish K-6 Remote
Materials Distribution - September 23, 4-5 p.m.
Thursday, September 23
Materials and supply distribution will be on Thursday, September 23 in the Emerson bus loop. We ask that families stay in their cars and wear a face mask. A staff member will bring your child's/children's materials to you. To expedite the process, we ask that you hold up a piece of paper with your child's name along with their teacher's name in the passenger window.
Picture Day - October 4, 4-6 p.m.
- Dorian is our photographer. Visit their website for picture packet information and to order online. Click here to order online.
- Photographers will set up in the gym with students entering from Emerson's front door entrance and exiting out the gym doors just below the playground, so there is no cross traffic. Students will be socially distanced and masked while waiting for their picture. Students will be masked at all times except for the 20-30 seconds it takes to snap the picture.
- A schedule is provided below for students to show up by last name alpha order. This will help ensure we do not have too many students waiting to enter the building at any one time.
Picture Day Schedule:
4:00 to 4:20 ~ A - E
4:20 to 4:40 ~ F - J
4:40 to 5:00 ~ K - O
5:00 to 5:20 ~ P - T
5:20 to 5:40 ~ U - Z
5:40 to 6:00 ~ Anyone who is unable to make assigned time.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture will continue reimbursing schools for free meals to all students regardless of family income through the 2021-22 school year. This means that all Snohomish School District students will be able to receive free breakfast and lunch this year. Families are encouraged to continue to complete free/reduced meal applications to access additional district and community benefits.
As part of the Snohomish K-6 Remote school, meals will be available for pickup Monday thru Friday at two locations beginning September 13. Both breakfast and lunch will be provided at the time of pick up.
- Little Cedars: 8:20-8:40 a.m. (7408 144th Place SE in Snohomish)
- Central Primary: 8:30-8:50 a.m. (221 Union Avenue in Snohomish)
Daily Schedule (sample)
- 9-10:30 a.m. – Live instruction via Zoom
- 10:30-10:45 a.m. – Recess
- 10:45-Noon – Live instruction via Zoom
- Noon-12:35 p.m. – Lunch/Recess
- 12:35-1:50 p.m. – Live instruction via Zoom
- 1:50-2 p.m. – Recess
- 2-2:30 p.m. – Live instruction via Zoom
- 2:30-3:15 p.m. – Students working independently and asynchronously (PE, music and library)
- 9:00-10:30 a.m. - Live Instruction via Zoom
- 10:30-10:45 - Recess
- 10:45-Noon - Live Instruction via Zoom
- Noon-12:35 - Lunch/Recess
- 12:35-1:15 - Live Instruction via Zoom
The Snohomish School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator, Title IX Coordinator and ADA – Darryl Pernat, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7285, email@example.com; Section 504 Coordinator and Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying – Shawn Stevenson, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7282, firstname.lastname@example.org.