Paxton Faculty Newsletter
Artist of the Week
Thank you Mr. Ruder and art students for lining the halls with beautiful art!
Paxton Family Support
Thank you for loving and supporting each other during difficult times!
Ms. Stewart's critical thinking class created a "bot" that represented who they are as a get to know you activity.
Thought for the Month:
Never give up! It is so important to have the passion to continue to help students learn and be the best they can be.
Differentiated Accountability Updates
- 12th - Class of 2017 – 50
- 11th - Class of 2018 – 54
- 10th - Class of 2019 – 55
- 9th - Class of 2020 – 59
- 8th - Class of 2021 – 65
- 7th - Class of 2022 – 64
- 6th – Class of 2023 – 83
- 5th – Class of 2024 – 57
- 4th – Class of 2025 – 52
- 3rd – Class of 2026 – 63
- 2nd – Class of 2027 – 56
- 1st – Class of 2028 – 59
- K – Class of 2029 - 48
- PK– Class of 2030 – 20
1.1 Create long-range plans based on a review of state content standards, student needs, and district/school instructional priorities. 1.2 Define learning goals with objectives for the unit and daily plans. 1.3 Lesson plans demonstrate knowledge of the content, relationships between important concepts, instructional strategies, and organizes activities in an appropriate sequence. 1.4 Lesson plans are revised and/or differentiated based on student needs. 1.5 Plan and prepare lessons that require students to engage in rigorous activities and content aligned with state standards. 1.6 Uses data prior to planning instruction.
Domain 2.0 - Classroom Management
2.1 Establish and maintain a student-centered learning environment that is a positive, safe, organized, equitable, flexible, inclusive, and collaborative in which students are actively engaged from bell to bell. 2.2 Maintain academic focus by using a variety of motivational techniques. 2.3 Maintain instructional momentum with smooth and efficient transitions from one activity to another.
- Mr. Jackson and I will be conducting walk-throughs focusing on classroom management this month. We will be scheduling feedback meetings to discuss the walk-through with you and review your lesson plans. If there are any areas you would like additional support, please let us know and we will differentiate our observations based on your needs.
- Wonderful classroom activities/projects are being implemented. Thank you and keep it up - you are making a difference in the lives of our students.
Positive Behavior Support – PBS Updates
Number of Referrals
August - 8
September - 6
Let’s make sure we are using our Behavior Tracking Forms in the Student Planners. On the 5th Offense a Disciplinary Referral should be filled out and sent to the office along with the Student Planner.
Professional Development Updates
- Deliberate Practice is due October 31st. Please do NOT write DP goals using FSA results since they will not be released before the end of the school year.
- October 6th (Early Release Day) - Topics: School Improvement and AdvancED
- A PD Component will be written for all school-based professional development this year.
- Training out of county procedure: 1. Get approval from administration 2. Meet with your PLF and write a component (THIS MUST BE DONE BEFORE YOUR TRAINING.)
- There will be a school visit this year for the district level to check PD notebooks.
- If you have more than 4 certification areas on your certificate, see your PLF as soon as possible.
- All questions regarding college courses and certification exams that are to be used for certificate renewal need to be directed to Kaye Black.
- Safety: Please keep your doors locked at all times. When working after hours, please make sure the doors are locked and secured. There have been doors left ajar recently.
- Teacher AdvancEd Survey: Please go to the following link and complete your survey by September 23rd. If you completed this survey last year, please do it again because some of the data has been lost.
- Open House is scheduled for September 22nd - Elementary Open House will begin at 6:00 p.m. in the auditorium for about 15 minutes. Parents, students and teachers will be dismissed to visit classrooms and end at 7:00 p.m. Secondary Open House will begin at 6:30 p.m. in the auditorium for about 15-20 minutes. Parents, students & teachers will be dismissed to to visit classrooms and end at 7:30 p.m.
- Faculty Meeting: Tuesday, September 27th in the Media Center.
- Nine Week Test Window: 9/30-10/5/2016