Ms. Bachhuber's Bulletin
April 1st, 2016
- we observed fizzing when the mineral calcite was put into vinegar
- Observed nad compared the results of evaporation
- Used the observations and data to help evidence to support conclusions
- Used the scientific thinking processes to build explanations.
This week we started our Quarter 4 theme of inspiration and innovation!
We have had a blast analyzing different inventions and how they were created. We have learned about George Washington Carver through video and text.
In writer's workshop we are creating an informational brochure on three different inventions. We are having fun learning about the things we have today and what inspired people to create them. We have also looked at the process in which inventions change and are developed over time!
Ask your child... What three inventions are you writing about in your brochure?
Social Studies Map Tests Q4
-World Continents Test: Friday, April 1st
-Political Map Test: Friday, April 8th
-North America Test: Friday, April 15th
-Physical Map Test: Friday, May 13th
-United States Map Test: Friday, May 20th
Study packets were sent home on Monday. Let me know if you need another one!
Here are some online sites that your child can use to study for each test.
On Tuesday, March 15th information was sent home about the Forward Exam. Some ways that you can help prepare your child for our testing dates are:
- Help them get a good night sleep before the testing day
- Eat a healthy breakfast the morning of
- Encourage them to try their best
We will be testing the following dates:
- April 18th & 19th - ELA
- April 21st - 22nd - ELA & Math
- April 26th-28th - Math & Science
- May 3rd & 5th - Social Studies
Forward Exam Snacks
Important Dates to Remember
April 19th - Purdy Arts Festival & Scholastic Book Fair