Student Bulletin - April 30, 2023
- Festival of Strings (7:00PM) @ Lee's Summit North High School
- Spring Band Concert (7:00PM) @ ETMS Main Gym
- 5/8 Summer 2024 Trip Informational Meeting (7:00PM)
- 5/8-5/12 MAP Testing
- 5/8-5/12 Teacher Appreciation Week
- 5/23-5/25 Finals
GENERAL INFORMATION & UPDATES
ETMS Spring Band Concert
Festival of Strings
Lost & Found
If your student has lost an item, please have them stop by the front office.
Any items not claimed by May 5th will be donated. Thanks!
Final Exams: May 23 - May 25
These requests should be submitted via email to Dr. Morehead by Friday, May 12. Please include the child's teachers on the email request as well.
ETMS Goes To New York 2024!
Educational travel with your fellow Bison!
Every trip is a journey of possibilities. Students will be immersed in history, culture, and art. Students grow by bringing learning to life—new ideas, new friends, and the memories of a lifetime. This trip is open to next year's 6th-8th grade students.
Students on our educational adventure get to experience the historical and cultural significance of New York City. We will have the opportunity to see how the history of our nation is deeply rooted in this city as well as the cultural impact this city continues to have on our nation.
We will see sights ranging from central park and the Metropolitan Museum of Art to the Statue of Liberty and Wall Street to the top of the Empire State Building and an NBC Studio Tour to Times Square including two Broadway shows.
Please visit bit.ly/etmstrip for more information or reach out to Kenny.Taylor@lsr7.net.
Message from our LSR7 District Athletic/Activities Director
Dear LSR7 Grades 5-11 Parents and Guardians:
You are receiving this notification as a parent who will have a Grades 6-12 student during the 2023-24 school year. As you are likely aware, LSR7 has a robust number of co-curricular and extra-curricular activities to choose from that can provide countless benefits to your student. I hope that your student makes the decision to explore some of the programs at their disposal.
In order to participate in any of the MSHSAA sports or activities that LSR7 offers, a student must be registered through our online registration platform. In the past, LSR7 has used Privit as our designated platform; however, we have made the decision to switch over to FinalForms. The two documents linked below cover the rationale for the move, important steps to begin to create a FinalForms account, and a helpful document that can assist you during the process.
If you should have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to the Activities office at your school or our office directly at 816.986.1037.
District Athletic/Activities Director
LSR7 Sports Physical Clinic
LSR7 Sports Physical Clinic
When: July 18th, 2023
Where: Lee's Summit North HS l (East Entrance-Fieldhouse Entrance)
Time: 4:00-7:00 pm
Who: R-7 SCHOOL DISTRICT STUDENTS
Entering Grades 6th-12th for the 2023-24 school year
Cost: $30.00- Please bring $30 in cash or check. You may pay online using a card.
The cost will be $32.23 ($30 + the CC fee).
Register: Register online through Signup Genius- limited to 208 participants.
**Please print and bring a copy of your Pre-participation history forms
from your student’s Final Forms profile with you or a hard copy
of pages 1 & 2 from the new MSHSAA Physical Form.
The Medical Provider must see this to approve your student's physical.
Bison Buddy Program
Bison Buddy program is starting next year!
If you are interested in becoming a Bison Buddy, please read the following information. Applications can be picked up from Mrs. Mayes in room B213 (8th grade pod). All applications are due by the end of the day on Friday, May 5th.
Clubs - All Grades
- Bison Smart - see Mrs. Surface, 7:40-8:05 AM
- Card Sharks - 5/2, 3:30-4:30 PM
- Dungeons & Dragons - 5/11, 3:30-5:00 PM
- Future Teachers - see Mrs. Russell, 7:30-8:05 AM
- Kindness Club - 5/1, 3:30-4:30 PM
BISON BRAGS & CELEBRATIONS
7-Green Field Trip
REMINDERS & REPEATED ITEMS
ie: no Starbucks, Gatorade, slushies, any colored drink
If students have an outside drink with them, they will be asked to discard the drink when entering the building.
DRESS CODE REMINDER
- Clothing must be free from display or advertisement of any alcohol, drugs, tobacco, weapons, violence, sexual innuendo, gambling, or reference to gang affiliation.
- Clothing must be free from depictions or illustrations that demean or negatively represent any gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
- Clothing that results in inappropriate skin or undergarment exposure many not be worn at school (backless, garments not covering midriff or sides, etc.).
- Clothing/accessories must be free from items which present a safety issue (chains, spikes, dangerous jewelry, safety pins, etc.).
- Shoes must be worn.
- Pants, shorts, and skirts must sit neatly at the waist.
- Hats may only be worn during special occasions or activities.
- Coats must be stored in lockers prior to the start of school.
CAR RIDER DROP OFF & PICK UP
- Please do not use the west entrance - this will be blocked, and only buses will be allowed through.
- Students are not allowed to cross into the parking lot; please use the green car rider line for drop-off and pick-up.
- Morning drop-off time is 8:05 am (9:05 am on Fridays). Please do not release students until instructed by a staff member.
7th Graders = Updated Vaccine Records
Parents/Guardians of Current 7th grade students!
Please send/email any updated vaccine records you may have for next year to the health room. Each 8th grade student will need to be compliant with Tdap and Meningococcal vaccines prior to the start of 8th grade. Please send those records to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also bring the records to the school and let the front office staff know it is for the health room, if that is preferred.
Christie Netterville, BSN, RN
East Trails Middle School Health Room
Box Tops for Education
School ID: 9684109