Sunset Valley Elementary 8/24/18
- GRRRRRRRRREAT TURNOUT FOR CURRICULUM NIGHT!!!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OF STUDENTS, STAFF AND OUR SCHOOL COMMUNITY!
- PICTURE DAY IS MONDAY!!! Ordering information is available on the SVE website.
- Super important: If your child received financial assistance this past school year for breakfast and lunch, or your child is needing financial assistance this year, please consider completing this form on the R7 website. Families that qualify also receive chromebook fee assistance.
- One of the LSR7 Board of Education Priorities this school year is student well-being. Through the diligent work of our R7 Student Services Department, Ms. Dawn Smith, Dr. Rexanne Hill and Dr. Staci Mathes who have partnered with our awesome community resources to develop a well-being page on the LSR7 website. This link has amazing resources, supports and contacts. It is really tough being a kid these days. Which means it's really tough being a parent these days. Please check out this website and contact SVE if you have any questions. We love all of our children and families and want everyone to be safe and be well.
- LSR7 Mobile Menu App! Very cool!
- Box Tops Collection - Box Tops can be sent in to your child's classroom teacher at any time. The top two teacher's each quarter will receive a gift card for their classroom!
- Here is information on SVE/R7 Before and After School Services (BASS).
SVE PTA Information
Just a reminder, the Back to School Picnic is scheduled for Monday, September 17th from 6:00-8:00 pm.
Our next PTA board meeting is Monday, Sept 10th, at 6:00 pm, at the school library and we would love to see you there!
Please visit our website www.svepta.org to: purchase spirit wear, see a list of our activities, join PTA, purchase your yearbook, volunteer, and see our proposed 2018-2019 PTA budget which will we vote on at the Back to School Picnic.
JAGUARS HAVE POWER!!
We have a new POWER mission at Sunset Valley: Positive Outcomes Within Education and Relationships! Your child will be learning and practicing our new POWER Pledge which is printed below. We will recite this pledge daily with our morning announcements.
I have the power to be responsible and on task.
I have the power to act kind, and to respond appropriately and safely.
The way I use my power can change me and my relationships with others.
How will you use your POWER today?