The Scientific Process
Think like a scientist
Testable vs Untestable Questions
Untestable Questions: Too many variables or opinion based.
Complete the quiz on http://b.socrative.com/login/student/
- Be sure to select Testable vs Untestable
- Room Number:
Go to the link below and make up your own testable question. Remember that testable questions can be measured or observed.
Complete the Google form after the video.
Scientists make observations that are....
4. Quantitative - measure something
Read the two pages about observations then answer the quiz questions.
Scientific vs Unscientific Padlet
2. Make one scientific observation of your object.
3. Make one unscientific observation of your object.
4. Go to http://padlet.com/huntm/kzt5vm4xkwim and post your scientific and unscientific observations.
- Use tools that work
- Do the experiment more than once
- Follow procedures
- Only 1 variable changes
- Record data as you go
In the comments section, tell me why these are good predictions.