Library User Group
Meeting Resources & Links
INFOHIO tech skills for online testing pearltree - Whitelist
- The link below lists the web-based resources, excluding INFOhio resources , that are listed on the INFOhio Tech Skills for Online Testing PearlTree.
- The purpose of this list is to help technology coordinators, library media specialists and teachers to know the direct URL for the web-based resources to be able to include on the whitelist for school filtering software.
World Book Kids
- Device agnostic
- Predictive search
- Explore (formerly Article Browse)
- Feature container (hide/show)
- New article layout -- splash imagery on left, tabs across top (Article, "Pictures, Videos, and More", More information, Contents, Tools)
- Feature Container -- Activities ("For Grownups" includes lesson plans), Games (50+ games corresponding to curricular subjects. Sorting, matching, crosswords, multiple choice, puzzles), Compare Places, Science Projects (20+)
- For Educators >> Educator Tools (Curriculum Correlations, Lesson Plans)
EBSCO: NEW explora interface
- Searchasaurus, KidsSearch, and Student Resource Center replaced by "Explora" (End-of-life, June 30th, 2015)
- Secondary Explora looks a lot like "Points of View Reference Center" by EBSCO
- INFOhio to determine best options / features / databases for various audiences
INFOhio will make the interface available to Providers and ICoaches, and then to users
Compulsory Return Dates
You can request a CRD for an entire district, or for a specific library building. Before you complete this year’s survey, you need to review the 2015 and 2016 CRD dates. If you need to change these dates, please email me. Otherwise, please complete the survey below to submit dates for 2017-18.
First, check your existing 2015-16 CRD’s:
· To view your CRD dates: http://neomin.infohio.org:3000/cgi-bin/index.pl
· Select your school and enter "admin" as the login, click ENTER
· From the toolbar, select "Other..." and then select "Policies” NOTE: A SECOND WINDOW/TAB WILL OPEN
· Select your district from the drop-down. Once your policies display, scroll to the bottom to view the Compulsory Return Dates that are currently setup. Review the 2015-16 dates.
Second, complete the survey linked below...
New NEOMIN Helpdesk
- NEOMIN is implementing a new helpdesk system called Cherwell Service Management.
- Student Service volunteers are testing the functionality of the helpdesk portal. (Technology Coordinators were also shown the new system.)
- The attendees of this meeting will be shown how to log into the new helpdesk portal.
- Full implementation to all NEOMIN users -- Fall 2015.
- April 30, 2015 at 1:00 PM, NEOMIN Lab
- Presenter: Andria Morningstar-Gray, Lakeview High School
- Note: This is the last user meeting for the year.
The purpose of the library user group is to form collaborative relationships and share expertise relative to library and information services among Trumbull and Ashtabula County library/media professionals.
Flyer created by:
Coordinator of Library Application Software
Northeast Ohio Management Information Network
Please contact me with questions, corrections, or additions.