The Riebli Record
April 3, 2020
Riebli Staff on Parade!!!
A message from Mrs. Todd
I never thought I would be closing my school for the remainder of the year. This process has been overwhelming, sad, frustrating, and many other words...
The warm fuzzies in this situation has been the families and staff. I am overwhelmed with the support, positivity, emails and hard work! I know this is only week 2, and we have many more left to go. Pace yourselves and remember, "GO SLOW". We are here to help.
One question I keep getting is "How do I get my student's personal stuff from the classrooms?" The district is working on a plan to do this. We need to make sure it is safe and controlled. It will not be until May before we announce the plan. Please be patient.
Please email me your questions and I will get answers for you.
I miss you all!
XO, Mrs. Todd
I have developed a website with zoom schedule, updates from the district, read alouds, etc. Email me with ideas to add to it.
Virtual Spring Book Fair
The "Virtual Spring Book Fair" is now on the books! It will run for 2 weeks, April 18th-27th. This Fair is a bit different, as it has something for everyone! It's not our typical K-6 selection, as shoppers will have access to the entire Scholastic Store. Riebli families can invite all their family members, extended family, to shop our site and support the Riebli Library Budget. This is a great time to add to the home libraries, as getting out and about is not an option. Every order is conveniently shipped directly to their home. I'm completely thankful to Scholastic for making this possible.
Here's the link:
STEM challenge by Mrs. Hopkins
Talent Show news
The talent show is one of our most fun events of the school year. While, we can't meet in person, as they say in the theatre, "The show must go on."
We are going to proceed with a virtual talent show. What is that you may be asking?? Record your talent and send in the file. All the submissions will be compiled into a virtual talent show!!! Just because we are home, doesn't mean we can't show off that Riebli talent!!!!
Submissions are limited to 90 seconds.
If you want to submit something with a friend, use ZOOM to coordinate the talent, record your ZOOM call!!!
If you want to record just yourself, we would love that as well.
Email in the videos to Kellysansone@comcast.net by April 11th.
In the email please include the student(s) name, teacher, and grade.
Same rules apply as the regular talent show. Talent must be age appropriate. Any submission that is not age appropriate will not be included in the show.
I know this is different, so if you have any questions at all please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE- Green Sneaker Challenge
- Share our Green Sneaker Challenge informational flyer (English or Spanish) and/or our Green Sneaker Challenge web page with parents and/or students.
- Students (& entire families) track their physical activity, miles, minutes, and/or steps during the months of April and into May, using our Individual and Family Tracking Sheets (available in English or Spanish on web page)
- Students also have the option to complete fun, related activities from our Green Sneaker Challenge BINGO sheet (available in English or Spanish)
- Parents and teachers can "Like" Sonoma County Safe Routes to School on Facebook and/or Subscribe to the Family Bicycling E-News for challenge updates, announcements, and/or future events (optional)
- Families submit Individual & Family Tracking and/or BINGO sheets to the SRTS Program, postmarked by Friday, May 15, 2020 (submission instructions included on each sheet). Questions? Email Tina Panza, Safe Routes to School Director.