News from Principal Lamothe
Hello PRS Wizards!
Once again it was a busy week here at PRS filled with education activities that supported all our students.
- Our 5th-grade students had a very special program through the North River and South River Collaborative. This morning the students were able to learn about how Hingham's drinking water is protected, how important the water cycle is, and ways to preserve our water. Thanks to all the wonderful parent volunteers, the students were able to travel around the cafe to learn about these important lessons in small groups. The stations were a hit!!! It was educational and a great way to spend the morning!
- Our Kindergarten students had a visit from the Acton Museum with a presentation on Bubbles. Students got to play and learn about bubbles and had a fun time while learning.
- We had our annual Fire Inspection walkthrough and we passed inspection so that was nice to hear and as a family I thought that you would be excited about this as well.
Have an enjoyable weekend and welcome to May!!
Coming up next week...
👏🍎❤️Teacher Appreciation Week ❤️🍎👏
Monday, May 1st(Day 4A)
- MCAS - Grade 5 Math
Tuesday, May 2nd(Day 5A)
- MCAS - Grade 5 Math
Wednesday, May 3rd(Day 6A)
EARLY RELEASE - Bike, Walk, Roll to School Day
- Please join the PRS PTO’s Green Team on Wednesday May 3rd for the spring PRS PTO's Walk, Bike, & Roll to School Day. We’re excited to encourage and celebrate active, healthy and climate-friendly modes of transportation. Permission slips were sent home with students this week!
Kindergarten photo with Hingham Light Truck - 9:00 - 9:15
Thursday, May 4th (Day 1B)
- Grade 2 Field Trip to MFA
Friday, May 5th(Day 2B)
- PTO Meeting 8:30 AM in Cafe
Please check your child(ren)'s Schoolcafe.com account to add to or pay off the balance.
Please check your child's lunch balance many have outstanding balances.
📝 From Central Office 📝
Aspen Family Portal
To assist families in monitoring children’s progress, enhance communication with families, and further promote the academic progress of all of our students, the Hingham Public Schools is pleased to provide access to student records through the Aspen X2 Family Portal for grades K-12. Please check your email on May 3rd for the username and password and information on how to log in.
Please click on photo for more information
By clicking on above "PRS PTO News" will bring you to the PTO website.
5/1 - MCAS - Grade 5 - Math
5/2 - MCAS - Grade 4 - Math
5/8 - MCAS - Grade 4 - Math
5/9 - MCAS - Grade 4 - Math
5/10 - MCAS - Grade 3 - Math
5/11 - MCAS - Grade 3 - Math
5/19 - South Shore Art Center (at PRS) - Grade 3
5/22 - MCAS - Grade 5 - STE
5/23 - MCAS - Grade 5 -STE
5/31 - Boston Tea Party Field Trip - Grade 3
6/1 - Math Awards Night
6/2 - Armstrong Brothers Concert! 9-9:45 (K-2) & 10-10:45 (3-5)
6/6 - 5th Grade Concert
6/7 - 4th Grade - Physics Olympics
6/9 - 5th Grade - Clash Splash
6/9 - Field Day - K - 4
6/9 - Fifth Grade Duck Tour Trip
6/14 - Moving on Ceremony
- 6/15 - Last day of school
SCHOOL SUPPLIES - You can order online through Yubbler or purchase on your own. Choose your incoming grade level supply list here
1000 BOOK CLUB - This is a great program for preschool and kindergarten students to check out book bags and read with families!
LOOKING FOR AFTERSCHOOL CARE?
Kids in Action (KIA) Before and After-School Programs are for Hingham students in grades K-5. Our curriculum focuses on social and emotional development with support in academic skills through play and guidance.https://hinghamschools.org/academic-programs/kids-in-action9/
FREE LUNCH FOR ALL - This year, due to Federal Assistance, lunch will be served free of charge. This year, there will also be a breakfast program ( also peanut/tree nut free) for students who wish to partake in that. There will be one “grab and go breakfast” offering daily.
VOLUNTEERS - We are happy to have parent volunteers in our school again! As we enter a new school year, all volunteers in the schools (classroom volunteers, field trip chaperones, etc.) will require a new CORI check. Forms can be found in the main office or here
Administrative Assistants- Suzanne Price & Anne Bernazanni
School Resource Officer - Officer McGillicuddy
Nurse - Kristin Godfrey
K - Amy Maescher, Kim O'Brien, Julianne Riley
1st - Nancy Bucey, Katie Burritt, Janette Harrington
2nd - Cyndi Bonani, Krystal Bilodeau, Michelle Shapiro
3rd - Laura Falvey, Meagan Ottatti, Shawna Reames
4th - Kara Kremer, Maura Talbot, Susan Willison
5th - Julie Harrington, Joan Kilban, Meryl Vella, Shannon Wragg
Art - Alice Caldwell
Computer Science - Rebekah Stahl-Bryant
Library - Mary Dunphy
Music - Dorothy Turner
Phys.Ed.- Mikayla Pagnini
Spanish - Kendelle Ingram
Teachers - Colin Butler, Meaghan Gaven, Elizabeth Rubertone, Cassie Pacella, Lauren Smith
School Psychologist- Dr. Brett Bolger
Administrative Assistant - Susan Carey
Adjustment Counselor - A.C. Decker
School Guidance Counselor - Carolyn St. Laurence
Literacy Specialists - Kati Osterman (K-2nd) and Jennifer Madden (3rd-5th)
Literacy Interventionists - Wendy Kirk and Nicole O'Brien
Math Specialist - Jessica Kitchen
Math Interventionists- Christine Lotano, Letitia Reil