Roman Name: Minerva
Who is Athena?
Athena is the "Goddess of Wisdom and War". Athena is known for her calm temperament, as she moves slowly to anger. She is noted to have only fought for just reasons, and would not fight without a purpose.
Symbol of the Goddess:
3 character traits:
- Athena protects and guides the people who need help, and seek redemption.
- She is the leader and caretaker of the Athens and cares for all in her tribe.
- She is loyal to all the Gods and Goddess in the heavens.
Siblings: Appollo, Ares, Dionysus, Hephaestus, Hercules, Hermes, Venus, Artemis, Eileithyia, Eris, Hebe, and Persephone,Demeter.
Friends: Nike (the winged goddess of victory.)
- Athena has courage because she can fight her battles and protect others.
- Athena has wisdom because she can make the unlucky, feel lucky.
- Athena has strength because she can lift over a 1,000 pounds of metal.
- Athena's weakness is jealousy because when Medusa brag about her beauty, she cursed her and she felt guilty ever since.
- Athena's weakness is her sympathy for evil people because when she's in combat with them and nearly accomplishes, she let's them go free.
- Athena's weakness is her bravery because she can get overly brave in fights and foolishly lose them.
3 Relevant/Interesting Facts:
- She came from Zeus brain, full grown and was in complete armor.
- She was one of the 12 Olympian gods who went to the summit of Mount Olympus.
- Her skills are agriculture and navigation, and the work of women such as spinning, weaving, and needlework.
"10 Interesting Athena Facts." My Interesting Facts RSS. Web. 28 Jan. 2016.
"Athena." Ancient History Encyclopedia. Web. 28 Jan. 2016.
"Athena • Facts and Information on Greek Goddess Athena." Greek Gods & Goddesses. Web. 28 Jan. 2016.