Volume 1, Issue 1 - August 18th, 2017
Welcome Our New Staff Members
Emily Alexander - Learning Specialist
Jackie Collins - Guidance
Stephanie Coyle - 8th Science
Aly Galbreath – Administrative Assistant
Stefani Jackson - Registrar
Chrissy McCormick - Special Education
Jennifer McIntyre - 6th Science
Gabe Nichols - 7th Science
Dena Rice - Reading Specialist
Jennifer Sirois - 6th Math
Carrie Sweeny - 7th ELA
TBA – Math
TBA - Instructional Assistant
Back to School Night
This is a time for you to learn about the experiences your student will have at Gentry this year. Student performance will be discussed at a later date during Parent Teacher Conferences (More info to come.)
Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
I want to thank you for recognizing our drop off and pick up procedures by dropping off your students by the curve and also walking them to the building from the parking lot. Our hope is that the process will be faster once families get used to it. To accomplish this we are asking parents:
- Pull up as far as you can in front of the building to drop off your student
- Encourage your student to get off the car as soon as you are close to the building
- All students must be picked up or dropped off by the curb. If you park in the lot, escort your child to and from the car.
- Cars may begin entering the bus area at 7:20am
- Students must be in their classroom no later than 7:30am. Plan accordingly.
- Pick up your student(s) no later than 3:00pm, unless they are staying for a supervised after-school activity.
- Parents need to make arrangements with their students ahead of time for pick up. Make sure you communicate with them if they are to ride the bus or wait to be picked up. If you need to call the office to change arrangements it must be done before 2:00pm.
Let Them Be Responsible
We are asking our teachers to be graceful while our students get used to the routines of the school year. Please, partner with us while we help our students grow.
If you would like to volunteer at school for these activities, please contact Mandy Llewellyn, PTSA President (email@example.com)
PBIS & B.I.S.T.
This year we will periodically include a segment regarding how Gentry uses both Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports or PBIS, along with Behavior Intervention Support Team or B.I.S.T. These philosophies are used to create a positive social culture and provide individualized behavioral supports needed for Gentry to have an effective learning environment for ALL students. The goals of PBIS are to: build/enhance student relationships, build a positive school climate, be proactive by preventing problem behaviors from occurring, teach and reinforce appropriate/productive behaviors thereby increasing teaching and learning time, improve staff’s ability to effectively and consistently address problem behaviors, and most importantly, help students develop productive and meaningful social skill behaviors for life.
Dates to Remember
August 22 - Back to School Night
September 26 - Picture retake day
For practices and games check Gentry website!