HomeBRIDGE Happenings Vol. 7
October 3, 2022
In The Know: October 3, 2022
- Remember: Friday Family Hikes. 10/07 will be at Treadwell Trail. Meet at Sandy Beach at 9:30 a.m. Hiking starts at 10:00. We hike, rain or shine as this photo from our hike at Auke Lake shows. Missing from the photo: student William Hartman and family!
- We had 23 students at our 2nd week of Basketball Skills on Thursday morning! We invite you to join us!
- THIS Monday, October 3rd is the next Parent Group Meeting. It will be from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m. and it's a potluck so bring a dish to share! The gym will be open and supervised for the kiddos.
- PICTURE RETAKES! Wednesday, October 5, 9:00 a.m - 10:30 a.m. Remember to tell them you're with HomeBRIDGE.
- PARKING! We know it is an issue. Unfortunately, there are no extra spaces even if there are empty ones when you come to visit. There is only ONE Visitor Space just in front of the gate (to the left of the turf field). It that is occupied, you will need to find alternate parking on the street
- October 13th and 14th are school in-service days for staff. All HomeBRIDGE events these two days are cancelled. The 17th and 18th are conference days and HomeBRIDGE will be open for regular activities on these days..
- College Fair at JDHS this Friday, October 7th! See the flyer below for more information.
- K-8 QUATERLY REPORTS ARE DUE starting the WEEK OF OCTOBER 10th. Reimbursements for purchases made from July - September are DUE the WEEK OF OCTIBER 24th. Any reimbursements submitted will not be processed until we have received your student's quarterly report. WE WILL NOT PROCESS REIMBURSEMENTS FOR FIRST QUARTER PURCHASES IF TURNED IN AFTER NOV. 1ST. Questions? Call or email Teresa or your Advisory Teacher.
Virtual College Visits and Information Sessions
In-Person and Virtual Visits, Information Sessions and College Fairs A great way to visit a school from Juneau! Location: JDHS TMHS Zoom School Info What Date Time Location/Link Yale College For JDHS or HB students yalecollege.yale.edu Margit Dahl, Director of Undergraduate ...
Wings of Fire Book Club
Join us for our new Book Club geared toward 3rd - 8th graders. We will be working our way through the Wings of Fire series! We'll meet once a month starting October 18 at the Valley Library (prior to Adam's tutoring times). First meeting will be a discussion about the first book The Dragonet Prophecy. Any questions can be directed to Eve Carr at email@example.com.
Tue, Oct 18, 2022, 12:45 PM
Mendenhall Valley Public Library, Diamond Park Loop, Juneau, AK, USA
Japanese Language Class
Open for ages 2nd to 5th Grade. Class will meet once per week downtown in the HomeBRIDGE classroom from November - April. There is a one-time cost of $10 for supplies that can be taken out of your allotment. Valerie Gouk will be teaching the class. She has a degree in Japanese, is fluent in the language, and has taught it many years. We are fortunate to have this resource.
Here is a link to register https://forms.gle/zEDrEGpNM2eQBhEF8