Catch the Wind Staff Bulletin
4/4 - 4/8
This Week's Events
- Q3 STAR Party
- Grade 4 HSA Science Assessment in B1 and the Lab from 8:30 - 11:40 am
- Core/RTI Team Meeting from 8:15 am - 2:15 pm in the lab. See schedule.
- Trisha is out at Renaissance Place training
- Grade K articulation at 12:30 pm
- Grade 3 articulation at 10:15 am in B1
- Committee meetings at 2:00 pm
- Grade 4 articulation at 10:15 am in B1
- Grade 1 articulation at 12:30 pm in B1
- Yellow Ribbon Day Assembly at 8:30 am in the cafeteria
- Grade 5 and 6 articulation after assembly in B1
- Grade 2 articulation at 12:30 pm in B1
- We Love `Aikahi at 6:00 pm at Kaneohe Yacht Club
This Wednesday at Leadership meeting, we will go over the Master Calendar dates for SY 2016-17. Please bring any dates that you know of so far. Melanie Moore, our new PTA President for next year will be there sharing the PTA calendar also.
Curriculum Maps and Peer Visits
- Personal Q1Math Diary Map due 4/20
- Grade Level Q1 Curriculum Map due 5/18
If you haven't scheduled a peer visit or need to reschedule one, please let Trisha know who you would like visit.
Smarter Balanced Assessment
Students in grades 3-6 will be taking the Smarter Balanced Assessment (SBA) starting the second week of April. A letter will go home in this week's Tuesday folder with your parents with your class' specific testing dates and times.
Library and computer classes will remain at it's usual scheduled time. Elodie and Gayle will be conducting class in your room, unless told otherwise.
Grade 3: April 11 - 15
Grade 4: April 18 - 22
Grade 5 and 6: April 25 - 29
We Love `Aikahi
Color Fun Run
This is a fundraiser for the `Aikahi PTA. The PTA understands that this has been a very active fundraising school year. The 2015-16 school year has brought many new and exciting positive changes. These changes have resulted in many more funding requests for the PTA. Our hope is that with the success of this fundraiser, we can limit the amount of fundraisers for the 2016-17 school year and focus on just a few of our most successful events going forward.
For information, visit aikahi.myfunrun.com.
The color run packet went home in last week's Tuesday folder. Gina Salehi is in charge of this event. If you have any questions, email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Box Tops Challenge!
The Student Council is hosting another Box Tops challenge. The class that has collected the most Box Top sheets by April 15th will win an Ice Cream Sundae party! If you need any extra sheets, click here.
April 11 - 15: Grade 3 SBA Testing
April 12: Report Cards due to Gayle for printing; Grade 4 and 6 FT: HTY
April 13: Q3 Report Cards go home; Grade Level Meeting
April 18 - 22: Grade 4 SBA Testing
April 25 - 29: Grade 5 and 6 SBA Testing