River Trail Tech
Surface Quick Tips
When you fold the keyboard into the screen while leaving the power on, the battery still continues to run. If you're not going to use your Surface for at least an hour, go ahead and power down to save your battery.
What: Come hear an introduction to OneNote. It's just the basics! We'll discuss what it is and how it can be used. Maximum time of 20 minutes!
When: Thursday (May 5th) during your PLC time:
7th Grade: 9:00 - 9:20
8th Grade: 11:30 - 11:50
PE/Connections:1:15 - 1:35
6th Grade: 2:30 - 2:50
Where: Media Center
This week you WILL NOT need your laptop or Surface.
Each week, we'll build upon what we've already learned or already know!
A few weeks ago, the Ed Elements team conducted short 5-7 minute walk-throughs in the majority of classrooms to gain an understanding of where our school currently is with personalized learning.
Some of the things they would like to see from us is
- an increase in relevancy (why am I doing this) and students having authentic talk
- student choice in gathering and demonstrating information
- deviating more from paper and pencil tasks and from DOK Level 1 practice (worksheets)
- increasing co-planning of learning, student reflection, student goal-setting, and student growth monitoring
- setting standard expectations for PLCs
Beginning this week and continuing through the rest of the school year, I will begin popping in classrooms for about 5 minutes to see where teachers are with PL and what changes or additions we can make.
My goal is to have everyone try PL before the end of the year, so that no one feels overwhelmed or lost when we return in August.