September 26th , 2021
A Note From Mr. Christ
Dear Paddock Families,
I hope you have had a wonderful weekend. Throughout the month of September, it has been extremely exciting to see students and staff embracing their routines and engaging in meaningful and powerful learning activities. I want to thank our Paddock community for their patience and understanding as we all work through updated COVID guidance and procedures. Everyone in District 15 is working hard to provide students with the best learning environment possible, while still mitigating risk to ensure everyone's safety. At Paddock, we will continue to analyze and adjust our building practices to make sure we are meeting this goal.
Car Loop Safety
- While in the car line, please stay to the right so buses can pass through the middle lane.
- Do not make a U-turn out of the car loop line. This is a safety risk for incoming buses and cars and can slow down traffic trying to exit after dropping off their student.
- When dropping off, pull all the way forward so more cars can fit behind you. This will speed things up for everyone.
- Please avoid stopping in the crosswalk so our walkers can cross safely.
- When exiting, please note the signage stating that cars may only make a right turn onto Johnson St.
Thank you for helping us get our students dropped off and picked up quickly and safely.
The Paddock Fun Run 2021 fundraising event is starting Monday, September 27th! Donations will be accepted between 9/27-10/7.
Funds raised through the Fun Run will help the PTA pay for:
- Assemblies and programs for students during the school day
- Evening events for the whole family, including the Back to School Picnic, Family Reading Night, Pantherfest, STEAM Fair, Multicultural Night, etc.
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- And more!!
This is a fun and exciting OUTDOOR event held during the school day. All students will participate, regardless of donations received. If the Fun Run fundraising does well, no additional PTA fundraising campaigns will be needed this school year!
Please see the flyers below for Information on how to set up a personal fundraising page so your student can start collecting donations and to see all the wonderful incentives that are in place. We are extremely grateful for your support!
Room Parents 2021-2022
We are SO excited to be able to bring back this amazing volunteering opportunity to our parents at Paddock! Room Parents are volunteers that serve as a link between teachers and parents to help plan special events for students and provide extra support for teachers throughout the school year.
In order to be a room parent volunteer, you must:
1) Be a PTA member
2) Be able to commit the time to coordinating two special holiday events for the students
- Halloween Activity- PUMPKIN DECORATING CONTEST - Friday, October 29, 2021
- Valentine’s Day Activity- TBD - Monday Feb. 14, 2022
At this point, Room Parents will not be volunteering for any in-person activities, they will be strictly coordinating off school grounds. Please fill out a separate form for each of the students/classrooms that you are interested in volunteering for if you have more than one student at Paddock. If you are chosen to be a Room Parent you MUST be a member of the PTA, no exceptions can be made.
You may also consider volunteering for a classroom that is not your child's. Every year, unfortunately, their are a couple of classes that do not get room parent volunteers. We would love to open up to the idea that we may be able to help those classes fill their positions as well. We want to be able to offer all the classes in our school the same support with these fun activities!
There are two volunteer positions open for each classroom. If we receive more than two volunteers for a class, Room Parent names will be selected at random. All responses MUST be in by Friday Oct. 1st. You will be notified of the results by Monday, Oct. 4th. Thank you for considering volunteering!
If you have any questions please contact
Room Parent Coordinator
If your child has a Health Care plan for asthma or an allergy OR has medication they need to take at school, please make sure you read the linked documents and get in contact with Mrs. Pool, our Paddock nurse. You can reach her at 847-963-5802 or email@example.com.
Paddock Spirit Wear
Join The Paddock PTA!!
Paddock's PTA is an organization of families and teachers working together to provide an enriching learning environment for our students and a welcoming community for our families. Your PTA membership is used to host school activities, student programs, and school assemblies. It helps our families connect with each other, know what’s happening at Paddock, give parents opportunities to volunteer and provide support to our teachers. The more members our PTA has, the more good we can do.
To join the PTA please visit the Paddock PTA website.
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- October 6th - PTA Meeting - 7:00pm @ Paddock
- October 11th - No School
- October 12th - Student Non-Attendance Day
- October 26th - Picture Retake Day