Anaphylactic Shock

(Maegan Rhoades)

what is Anaphylactic Shock?

Anaphylactic Shock is a severe, life threatening allergic reaction.

- The reaction can occur within seconds of exposure.

-if not treated right away it could cause death

what are a few symptoms?

-skin rash -shock

-nasuea - dizziness

-vomiting - hives

-difficulty breathing

how is it diagnosed?

To diagnose your risk your allergist will conduct a thorough investigation of all potential causes. Your allergist will ask for specific details regarding all past allergic reactions.

treatment?

if not treated right away with epinephrine you can become unconscious or die.

prognosis?

without treatment right away could be life threatening but usually symptoms get better after a few sessions of therapy.