Blanche Sprentz Newsletter
August 30, 2022
- Attendance Matters - Please allow plenty of time to arrive to school ON TIME
8:00 AM - Transitional Kindergarten & Kindergarten
8:15 AM - Grades 1-5
- 2:45 PM Dismissal - M, T, W, F and 1:15 PM Dismissal on Thursdays
- Please do not use the front loop for dropping off/picking up. This is a designated Bus and After School Care Loop only.
- Parent Representative Needed:
- District Safety Team - Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 4:30-6:30 PM - Interested? Contact Mary Anne Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Every Friday is School Spirit Day - Wear BSE gear OR red
- TK & K Families - Mark Your Calendars for Two All-Early Days: 9/30/22 & 10/14/22
- Popsicle & Spirit Wear Sale this Friday after School
Stop by to purchase a popsicle ($1 each) and Spirit Wear after school this Friday! TK & Kinder sales will be by the office (for both early and late release). 1-5th sales will be by the back gate. Cash & credit card accepted.
- Bear Run is Coming Friday, September 30th 8am-12pm.
Families can and are encouraged to come cheer on our students! We need volunteers day-of at various stations- snack, bubble, super soaker, etc. Email Jen McKinney to volunteer at email@example.com.
- Mark your calendars for Spooky Sprentz- Friday, October 28th 5:00-7:00pm!
- You can purchase Spirit Wear for your child (or yourself) here: https://blanchesprentzpto.square.site/
Orders will be delivered to your child's class within 7 days.
- Thanks to everyone who joined us at the Back-To-School Picnic! And thanks to the MANY volunteers who helped make it possible!
- Join us at our next meeting September 21st (the 3rd Wednesday of the month) at 7:00 in room 6 and on Zoom.
- Las reuniones de PTO seran cada tercer Miercoles del mes. Interpretacion en Español disponsible, solo por peticion. Contacta a Veronica Pesavento (916)913-9300.
- Join the PTO here: https://www.fcusd.org/Page/45808
- Seeking volunteers to help in the garden! More details to come.
- Follow along with us online:
1. Website: fcusd.org/BlancheSprentzPTO
2. Facebook: facebook.com/BlancheSprentzPTO
3. Instagram: instagram.com/BlancheSprentzPTO
Thank you for your support and partnership!
Jenna Schuette, Principal
New to BSE, Mental Health Specialist, Mrs. Scarlett, Leads Games at Recess Time
The Calming Corner ~ Social-Emotional and Community Supports
Mental Health Resources
Connecting with mental health services can be an incredible challenge. FCUSD has partnered with Care Solace to assist with this process. If you are insured, uninsured, or have Kaiser Medi-Cal, call 888-515-0595 or visit their website. They will do the tedious work of finding available providers for you. If you or your child are covered under Medi-Cal, Sacramento County's Mental Health Access Team are ready to help. Call 916-875-1055 or 888-881-4881. For more information, visit their website. For social, emotional, and behavioral issues that are negatively impacting your child's access to their education, talk first with their teacher. We want your child to succeed at Blanche Sprentz!
Strengthening Families is a 10-week program in which the whole family has an opportunity to learn and practice skills that strengthen bonds, set boundaries, and increase emotional well-being. The program starts September 15th from 5:45-8pm at Cordova Church of Christ in Rancho Cordova. More info in English and Spanish.
For practical guidance on effective communication with your child, how to balance homework and home life, and ideas for how to praise your child, visit our Student Wellness Team's "Caregiver Support 2022" pamphlet in English and Spanish.
5th Grade Teacher, Mrs. Wallace
No Food Sharing School Policy
Non-Edible Birthday Items Encouraged
Due to several students will severe allergies, as well as for equity, all food items, including birthday cakes, cupcakes, cookies, and ice cream are not allowed to be shared with classes at school. IF you would like to celebrate your student's birthday at school, consider sending non-edible items such as pencils, erasers, etc., for teachers to send home with the class. PLEASE communicate with your student's teacher about plans to bring in non-edible items to recognize a birthday. Thank you for your cooperation and partnership.
New to BSE PE Teacher, Mr. Lockett, Makes Fitness Fun!
A Focus on Learning
The American Academy of Pediatrics' Screen Time Guidelines