"Building Tomorrow's Future Today!"
May 6, 2016
Volume 2 Issue #32
***STAAR Testing Week***
3rd Grade STAAR Math
Structured Learning CBI day
3rd Grade STAAR Reading
Meet with Mobile Imaging @ 4pm in the cafeteria (please make arrangements to attend, should be no longer than 10 minutes.
STAAR make-ups (if needed)
5th 6 Weeks Perfect Attendance Party
3rd Game Day
Aloha Summer Fun & Field Day
End of the 6th 3 weeks
***Fire Drill Week***
SBDM Meeting @ 4pm
Jenkins @ DLT Mtg. 1
Last day for Tutorials
PTA Science Night
All RTI paperwork due in the RTI file cabinet
- On Tuesday, April 10th, at 4pm, Mobile Imaging will be here to provide information on health screens that they will be offering to HFISD employees. This informational meeting will only last about 10 minutes.
- Next week, our 3rd grade students will take the STAAR test on Monday and Tuesday in the second grade hall and various other classrooms. Please remember that there will be no morning library check-out, no library, music, speech, or ESL classes on those days as well.
- 2nd grade students will go into the cafeteria on Monday and Tuesday mornings and third grade students will line the second grade hallway.
- On May 12th, 13th, and 16th, the construction crew for the new building will be working in the far left backhand corner of the playground tying in the new sewer lines. The playground may be used on these days; however, students should not go past the swings and recess monitors should act as a boundary line for students not to pass.
- Don't forget, our parking lot is now back in service! ;) Yeehaw! We can park anywhere in the lot behind the blue building or in the gravel in front of the bus barn area. Please do not park in the gravel to the left of the little bulldozer; it is still really muddy there.
- If you have not completed the HFISD survey, please make sure to do so. I believe the last day to submit a response is today, May 6th.
- Please remember to check the SBEC website, from time to time, to ensure that your teaching certificate has not expired. All non-lifetime certifications expire on the last day of your birth month and are good for 5 years at a time.