Going on a Fliphunt
IF YOU ARE USING A MOBILE DEVICE, DOWNLOAD THE FLIPGRID APP.
A Flipgrid Fliphunt is an engaging way to get your students moving and having fun while exploring the curriculum. It is basically a video-based scavenger hunt using Flipgrid. Follow the creator of Fliphunts, Kathi Kersznowski - @kerszi.
- You can find Fliphunts by subject area at this community crowdsourced grid.
- Also, search the Disco Library (at the top of your Flipgrid page) for Fliphunts!
Let's Go on a Fliphunt!
Normally, a Fliphunt is done in groups, but since we are not all in one place, we will see what happens when we go on a Fliphunt!
- Open flipgrid.com/kelleru2020.
- If you are on a mobile device, you will need the app. The code is kelleru2020.
- Choose a task, click the green + icon, and record your answer.
NOTE: How do you find all of the questions? On the right side of your screen under the banner, there is a drop-down menu that says 12 Topics. Those are the questions for this Fliphunt.
Let's Create a Fliphunt!
- Log into your Flipgrid educator account.
- Create a new grid and give it an appropriate title.
- Delete the Say Hello to Flipgrid! question that is automatically added to each new grid.
- Under the grid, add as many topics (questions) as you need.
- For each topic, it is fun to add a video or image to support the question posed. The students love Giphys on a Fliphunt!!
- Share the grid with your students and tell them to be sure to use the drop-down arrow to record answers on all topics.
When creating your grid and topics, you might want to consider the following:
- When creating your grid, you might want to turn off the Receive email notifications when new student videos are submitted (under Features).
- Turn on Video Moderation for each topic so that students do not see the other videos.
- When you are creating a topic, click More Options and change Video and Selfie Styles to None. The purpose of a Fliphunt is for students to complete as many tasks as possible in a set time frame. You do not want them wasting time adding selfies, stickers and drawings.
Connect with Janet