The Guinea worm
By Keshon Jones
Where does it live?
How does is reproduce?
What are the Host of choice?
- Some Guiena worms can resit drugs used to kill it.
- The Guiena worm can absorb nutrients from your blood stream as it moves through your body.
How long are Guiena worms?
Female- up to 3 meters long
Male- 1.2 cm - 2.9 cm long
Juveniles- 500-700 meters long
- The Guiena worms scentific name is: Dracunculus Medinesis
- The Guiena worm affects over 10 million people per year
- The Guiena worm is not only found in contaminated water but also freashwater lakes.