Painting / Cleaning
Cleaners at Home
- There are some house cleaners that you should not use if you are expecting. Check the labels and DO NOT use if they say toxic.
- Why? Because it increases your chance of a miscarriage.
- Some examples of things to NOT use:
- mildew removers becuase they moslty contain phenols. (these might cause birth defects or fetal death.)
- strong-smelling chemicals like alcohol won't hurt your baby but might make you queasy.
- Tips for Cleaning:
-wear gloves to protects your skin.
- Baking soda works just as good as anything else when you use it on bathrooms and ovens.
Painting at Home
- Only a few of chemicals in paint have been studied for their effects on the fetus and mother.
- All paints contain chemicals that let out strong/powerful fumes.
- Oil-based paints and paint thinners contain more chemicals than natural paints.
- Everything I've listed can cause possibly cause a miscarriage or birth defects
- TIPS FOR PAINTING
- choose a more natural based paint