Lone Star Language Academy
NUTRITIOUS SNACKS & NUT/PEANUT FREE ZONE
Families are asked to send nutritious snacks and birthday treats. Please Note: Lone Star Language Academy is a nut/peanut free school. Do not send any homemade baked treats, only send fruit or pre-packaged items. Purchased goods or store-bought may be baked in factories that use peanut products. Please read the container package for this information. Any baked or purchased baked goods will have to be sent back home, please do not send/bring them to school. This is due to many students who have severe allergies to nuts/peanuts. Thank you for your support with the wellness issue.
Be on time. Every Day!
Parents, we need your support with getting students to school on time every day.
- Doors open at 7:00 AM daily.
- Breakfast is served from 7:00 AM-7:45 AM daily.
- Carpool Gates are closed at 8:12 AM.
- Instruction begins promptly at 8:15 AM.
- Students are marked tardy at 8:16 AM if they are not in the classroom.
Please remember that when your student is absent or will be absent from school a message, note, phone call, or email must be delivered within 48 hours to excuse the absence. You are welcome to call the school, at (972) 244-7220 and leave a message anytime day or night in the main voicemail mailbox. Parents may also submit attendance notes for their student by emailing Ms. Carrera at firstname.lastname@example.org
All students need to have their immunizations up to date on or before Friday, September 13th, 2019. If the immunizations are not up to date on that date, the child cannot be at school. By Texas state law, he or she will remain out of school until the vaccinations are made current.
Parent letters addressing missing or out-of-date immunizations have been sent home by Ms. Rodarte. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact her at email@example.com
Friendly Reminders about Drop Off and Pick Up:
- In Class by 8:15am: Please ensure you have students in class by 8:15am. Otherwise, they are tardy. This allows them to be ready for instruction and start the day off well.
- Remaining in Car: Please give hugs, etc. to children prior to entering the drop off area. This allows parents to love on their children while keeping the carline moving.
- Cell Phone Safety: For the safety of our students and faculty, please refrain from cell phone use while in the gated area of the carline. Thank you.
- 15-20 Minute Pick Up Process: We have heard some concerns that carline pick up is taking over an hour. This is just a friendly reminder that carline begins at 3:30pm and is typically completed by 3:50pm. Teachers are not to dismiss until 3:25pm (unless carline duty involved). Some parents have chosen to arrive as early as 2:00pm, and that is fine as long as we are not blocking access to entrances of various businesses, but 3:15pm is when carline gate officially opens.
- Cell Phone Safety and Remaining in Car Rules: Same rules apply for pick up.
Please know that the classes will be NWEA/MAPs testing the week of September 16th. Students will test in the Fall, Winter, and Spring to check in on how they are growing academically. Make sure that they are getting a good night’s rest so that they may always be at their best.
What is NWEA/MAPs?
Adaptive tests that make it possible for teachers to pinpoint what each child needs in order to learn best. NWEA helps teachers understand their student’s unique learning needs—because every student matters.
- If your student answers a question correctly, the test follows up with a more challenging question.
- If your student answers incorrectly, the test follows up with an easier question.