The Sawyer's Tot Spot Times
The Tot Spot Early Education Academy
Ms. Alisha's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Katie's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Danielle's Email: danielle@Ilovethetotspot.com
Ms. Le Andra's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Instagram: thetotspotschool
We also now have a Youtube Channel: The Tot Spot Early Learning Academy and Pinterest: The Tot Spot Early Education Academy...be sure and follow us!!
Special Events and Birthdays!!
Upcoming Zoo-phonics Friends
PTO and Vacations
- Did you know we have a PTO? Interested in helping out? Please see Ms. LeAndra or Ms. Alisha.
- Who do you contact concerning vacation credit? Asking a teacher will get you no where. Please email Mr. Mike at email@example.com
In the Classroom!
September is all about class togetherness. In Science, we will be having a tea party, testing horseradish, and making ice cream. We will also test to see what objects can be used as a table. In art, we will be making a tea cup, taxi cab, finding hidden letters, making a beehive, making a post card, and painting with ice cubes.
· Remind Me App: It's a free app that we're using to for simple reminders like show and share, friend of the week, physical due dates, etc. Our class code is 26kh9g
Operation Tot Spot Gives Back!!
Did you know one of our students is a recipient of VIPS. VIPS provides early intervention services to Indiana's youngest children with blindness and low vision. Services include evaluations, in-home visits, and access to resources that help parents and caregivers better understand and support their child with visual impairment. They are in need of items to be able to help more children out in our Indianapolis area. I will attach the wish list below. We will be collecting these items until the end of September. If you are able to donate of these items they will be greatly appreciated! If you have any questions please see Ms. Le Andra or Ms. Alisha. Thanks!! If you want more information about VIPS here is their website: https://vips.org/
- Manilla Folders
- White Computer Paper
- "Glasses" Board Book on Amazon
- Jingle Bells
- Mylar Material
- Baby Wipes
- Red or Yellow Slinkies
- Paper Plates and napkins
- Snacks for Events
- Grocery Store Gift Cards for Family Events
Physicals were due in August so if you forgot please get it turned in ASAP.
Why are they due in August? So that we don't have to keep track and spend precious time hounding parents to turn them in to the school. This way they're always done and we can spend more time shaping the minds of these precious kiddos.Also, don't forget to apply sunscreen before coming to school. Head to toe and we will reapply at AM and PM snack.
Healthy Start Wisdom
Eat the Rainbow
Peak family dining season is upon us! September is Food Safety Education Month and National Family Meals Month — and the holiday season is right around the corner. A well balanced meal will help your Sawyer maintain a healthy eating regime of various colors and foods. Choose My Plate is a wonderful initiative to aid in the correct amount of food per group and showing how EATING THE RAINBOW is fun!!
The Book Nook
The Parent's Spotlight
The Teacher's Spotlight
If you didn't have to sleep what would you do with the extra time and why?
- Ms. Crystal: I would read or catch up on TV shows. Since I wouldn’t have to sleep (but the kids would) the house would still be quiet so I might do some crafting as well
- Ms. Rachel: Probably play video games, and read more books
- Ms. Alisha: Read because it’s the best thing ever! You can always escape to interesting places and “meet” all sort of people.
- Mr. Mike: exercise because I wouldn’t be tired!!!
- Ms. Danielle: I’d still sleep. Sleeping is my favorite thing to do. I could sleep all day
- Ms. LeAndra: If I didn't have to sleep I would catch up on all my favorite TV shows I'm way behind on. I would also spend more time with family and friends during the day and then work on house chores at night.
- Ms. Katie: If I didn't have to sleep, I would spend my extra time to go do fun things with my son that I won't do on the weekends because they're packed. Examples include, Children's Museum, the Zoo, etc.
- Ms. Maggie: If I didn't have to sleep I would catch up with my DVR because I am always a couple of episodes behind
Would you like to donate?
We could use
- small shallow trays or cookie sheets
- salt or cornmeal
- food coloring
We're adding some awesomeness to our outdoor play space. Our's 2's teachers are tackling this big job. We are in need of old pots, pans, utensils, and wooden planks. They are planning to create a music wall, mud kitchen, and reading area. Please let us know if you have anything that you'd like to donate for our cause. Thank you!