CLN9 Math News
Secondary Math Reps 2016
Math Pacing Snapshot
Use Plickers to get immediate feedback!
- Gather all the multiple choice test items from the PARCC released tests and add them to the Plickers library.
- Set up classes in Plickers.
- Print out the Plickers card set.
- Project a problem and get the results.
- Use this data to form targeted small group instruction.
CLICK HERE for more information!
This Week’s Freebies: Amazing Animations
At KidsAstronomy.com, K–12 students and teachers can experience space through interactive animations, games, fun facts, and educational resources. The Fractal Foundation offers fractal animations, hands-on curriculum, and “fractivities” for K–12 classes that combine science, math, and art. And University of Utah’s HyperHeart is an animated visualization of blood circulating through the heart; advanced high school and undergraduate biology students might be interested in the site’s tutorials detailing blood flow, aortic and ventricular volumes, and pressures present in a normal cardiac cycle. Deepen your students’ learning with more animations from NSTA’s Freebies for Science Teachers page.