how to be responsible on the Internet
Talking to Others Online
- When you talk to others, be sure to use the golden rule.
- Never give out your personal info to anyone
- If anyone says something rude to you, be sure to ignore them and don't respond.
- If someone makes you feel uncomfortable, get an adult.
- Talk with your parents to come up with rules online.
Playing Online Games
- Don't give out your password except your parents. Someone could take your account.
- Tell your parents if a game makes you feel uncomfortable.
- Try to help your parents understand what you play. This could make them like it more and let you play longer
- Be sure and not play to long. Go outside every once and a while.
- Try to play with friends. Games are more fun if you have friends with you.