Sculpture Project Rubric
PART A: VISUAL DIARY
Step 2: Planning (20)
Intention / Proposal (20):
- The student has clearly explained the ideas for their sculpture.
- It is evident that the element of movement has been thought about, and fully investigated.
- the student has discussed the elements of art that they plan to use and what impact it would have on their artworks.
- All artistic choices were motivated and justified.
Step 3: Source Materials (10)
- Variety of sources represented
- Artistic value of sources are clear
- Inspirations for the artwork are evident in the planning process
Step 4: Sketching (40)
- Two pages sketches of representing techniques to sculpt with paper (folding, twisting, bending etc)
- Two full page sketches representing two final ideas for sculptures:
Assessment of drawings:
- Full page
- Use of drawing equipment
- Accuracy of paper shapes
- Drawing techniques represent movement
Step 5: Reflection (15)
A full page reflection of the process of creating the sculpture.
- Detailed description of the process of creating the sculpture
- Lessons learned
Overall Presentation (30)
- Originality and creativity
- Students' own personal style represented in the presentation of the diary.
Total Visual Diary Grade (140):
PART B: SCULPTURE (50)
- The element of MOVEMENT was clearly and effectively represented in the sculpture (20)
- Elements of art have been carefully considered and incorporated in the artwork (6)
- The initial theme and idea has been followed through and effectively captured in the artwork (6)
- Overall execution and presentation (6)
- Originality and creativity of artwork (6)
- Durability of sculpture (6)