Bees Alive Club
A Special Edition Date to BEE at...
Join us on Thursday, January 5th for a Bees Alive Winter Workshop!
Our meeting is at 7:00 p.m. at Nixa Christian Church, 400 Northview Road, Nixa, MO 65714.
Our meeting this month will feature tips and demonstrations with building wooden ware for the beehive! Winter is the perfect time to work on equipment for the upcoming season! Join us to participate in hands on activities assembling frames in a jig, building brood boxes & supers, building hive bottom boards & covers, and installing foundations. Some items will feature utilizing low cost scrap lumber and materials too! We look forward to you joining us for fun activities with fellow beekeepers!
- Dave Loftin - Telescoping Hive Cover and Bottom Boards
- Clayton Caperton - Frames and Foundation
- Al Kenngott - Brood and Super Boxes
2023 BAC Membership
If you missed our December meeting, don’t forget that it is time to join or renew your B.A.C.
membership for 2023! Click the button below to join/renew! Some perks to being a BAC member include...
- checking out books from the BAC library
- access to our club's extractor
- access to our Oxalic Acid Vaporizor
- having the opportunity to be on the BAC Sub-Committees
- the ability to vote
2023 membership = $25.00 Individual (1 vote, 1 person) or Family (1 vote, 2+ people)
Check out these photos from our BAC Christmas Party!
The BAC participated in the Nixa Christmas Parade and it was a SUCCESS!
Meet our 2023 BAC Board Members!
2023 BAC Calendars are available!
Ideas are brewing...
Look for more information in the near future for upcoming opportunities on:
● Bee Buddies
● Swarm List
● Beginning Beekeeping
● Scholarship Program
● Calendar - photos and recipes
● Hive Placement at the OTC Ag Program
What's on the BAC bee bookshelf?
- The Beekeeper’s Bible by Abrams, New York
- The Key Elements of Natural Organic Beekeeping Holistic Approach by Dragos Negru, MD
- Keeping Bees with a Smile by Fedor Lazutin with Leo Sharashkin
- HoneyBee Biology and Beekeeping by Dewey M. Caron with Lawrence John Conner
BAC Library Contact Info:
2023 Bees Alive Club Board
Contact us with any questions or concerns... we'd love to 'BEE' of service!
President: Hanna Price (417) 559-9044
Vice President: Clayton Caperton (303) 210-3048
Secretary: Jennifer Walles (417) 693-3147
Treasurer: Al Kenngott (417) 830-1773
Education Director: Dave Loftin (417) 827-9391
Webmaster: Kirsten Markley
Bees Alive Club Newsletter Contact Information
Email Karie Janus at: