By: Lauryn Peterson
I think what makes up a society's culture is what we believe in, language you speak, what you wear, what you eat, etc.
Why is it important to know how others live throughout the world?
It is important because we need to know what other cultures besides ours do to survive. If they live in houses, apartments, or under a bridge. What they eat. Rice and beans, tacos, and even frog legs.
Why is it important to understand and respect others beliefs?
It is important to respect others beliefs because you wouldn't what someone else to make fun of your religion. It is important to understand because when you grow up you will meet new people from different races. You need to know how to speak to them and to respect what they think.
Learning Goal One
- Education - Schools were ran by priests or scribes. Boys and girls in wealthy families went to school.
- Language - They spoke Arabic which replaced Coptic.
- Economies - They used pieces of gold and metal to trade and buy.
- Religions - The people barred Kings and Queens in their pyramids and gave them food, metals, and furniture because they thought if they had all this stuff they would have a happy afterlife.
- Settlement Patterns - they built along the Nile Rive which gave them access to trade. It also gave them water for crops, bathing, drinking, etc.
- Political System - The Pharaoh was at the top of the Castle System and Priests had a big role to.
Learning Goal Two
- Family - The head of a Roman Family was the father , the mother cared for the children and home schooled them.
- Government - They made the laws that protected everyone inside the city.
- Schools- Children in Rome were usually home schooled by the mothers.
- Religious Institutions - The people helped them believe in god and Christianity.
- Businesses - People who ran the stores and carts gave other people food, clothes, tools and other everyday items.