State Road Newsletter
Wednesday, January 06, 2016
Mrs. Overfield and Mrs. Hickoff, Secretaries
From the Desk of Mr. Tiemann
Tentative Talent Show Dates:
Wednesday, Feb. 3 - Auditions after school (more information coming home soon)
Thursday, feb. 4 - Auditions after school
Wednesday, Feb. 17 - Talent Show Practice after school (must attend 1 or the 2 practices)
Wednesday, Feb. 24 - Talent Show Practice after school
Wednesday, Mar. 2 - Talent Show Rehearsal (must attend)
Friday, Mar. 4 - STATE ROAD TALENT SHOW (in the evening, time tbd)
Upcoming Events / Mark Your Calendar
Tiger Leadership Committee Meeting
AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS - Winter Session!
Our next session of After School Programs are just around the corner! We have TEN awesome classes for your child(ren) to choose from! Registration and payment is due to the school office by Tuesday, Jan. 19. Please click the link for more information!http://www.edline.net/pages/State_Road_Elementary_School/News/After_School_Programs_-_Winter
NWEA Winter Benchmark Testing Window Begins
Math in Focus - PARENT NIGHT!
LEO'S FAMILY NIGHT!!!
FEF Winter Blues Dinner!
NEWS FROM OUR PTO!
Happy New Year State Road!
Our January meeting will be Tuesday, January 12th at 9 a.m. in the Library. Please join us!
Because of you, the PTO has some extra profit to spend and we are looking for ideas! If you know of a need or something you feel would benefit our school and our students, we want to hear from you! Please consider joining us at our meeting to share your ideas. Thank you!!
This month’s popcorn Friday will be Friday, January 15th. Popcorn is $0.50 per bag. You can send in $ that day if you are not prepaid or if you want to buy extra bags. If you are able to help, please meet in the cafeteria after drop off in the morning. Thank You!
We are gearing up for our final Box Tops contest for this school year. More information will be sent home in the coming weeks. Keep clipping! We are almost ½ way to our goal of $3,000 and duct-taping Mr. Tiemann to the wall!
Thank you so much State Road for being so awesome!
If you haven’t already, please like our Facebook page!
Fenton State Road Elementary PTO.
The 2015-16 PTO Board Members are:
President – Kathi Hart – 810-577-8337 – email@example.com
Co-Vice President – Erin Keros – 248-535-1094 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Vice President - Kate LeFever - 419-704-3734 - email@example.com
Secretary – Karen Shanahan – 810-714-9234 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer – Stacey Arnst – 248-790-7071 – email@example.com
Allergy Information for our Cafeteria
- All food served in the cafeteria in our ‘hot lunch’ line is peanut-free! We are no longer serving any peanut butter sandwiches or peanut-based products. (There will still be sunflower seeds available on the salad bar).
- Our Food Service Department is offering a new Birthday Treat option to all families. Please see the Fenton Food Service website for more information.
- We are continuing with our Allergy Table Option in our Cafetorium. Students with severe food allergies will still have the option to sit at our Allergy Table; or they can choose to sit at the “Red Zone” (which is a Nut Free area of our cafeteria tables) along with a “Yellow Zone” where friends with safe lunches can eat. This will allow our students to feel like they are part of their class and not segregated from everyone, while still sitting at a safe section of the table.
Parking Lot & Security Procedures!
THANK YOU to all of our families who are following our new Parking Lot & Security Procedures! Your patience and efforts helps us maintain a safe environment for our students. As we continue to work out some of the nuances of our parking procedures, I am asking everyone to abide by the following:
- Please do NOT Park in the pickup/drop off area OR any other area of our parking lot that is not designated as a parking spot. The loops and the areas of each lot marked with diagonal lines should never be used as a parking spot and continue to cause traffic issues due to people parking in these areas.
- If you are dropping off/picking up your child in the loop, please pull up to the closest car in the designated drop off section. If you are 4-5 cars back and still within the drop off zone, please let your child out to keep the traffic flow moving.
- Students should only enter and exit vehicles on the right (passenger) side! Please do not have your student enter/exit on the left and walk in front of or behind your vehicle.
- Please do not exit your vehicle in the drop off/pick up loop!
The link below will take you to our Parking Lot Map & Procedures page:
We all need to take preventative measures and educate ourselves and our children on how to prevent the spread of lice. Children should not share combs, hats (including ball caps at sporting events), pillows (at sleepovers), or coats/jackets (especially with hoods).
Children should not 'touch heads' while sitting close to a friend. Children/girls with long hair can keep it pulled back in a ponytail or braids, and spritzed with hairspray and/or tea tree oil. Please also refer to the lice prevention & treatment information found on our website (click the link below):
STATE ROAD IS RECYCLING!!!
We are currently collecting the following items:
Cellular Phones (non working and working)
Food Pouches (i.e. Go Go Squeeze, Squishem’s, any brand, caps included)
Ink Cartridges (all print cartridges accepted)
Juice Pouches (any brand, straws too)
Oral Care Items (toothbrushes, toothpaste tubes, floss containers, all packaging for these items)
Tape dispensers and cores
All items can be dropped off in the school lobby recycling bins. Each donation is not only keeping trash out of the landfill, it also earns $ for our school! Additionally, students are now able to recycle their plastic bags and disposable plastic containers in the lunchroom, and our staff continue to recycle paper and cardboard.
If you would like to join the State Road Recycles team, please email your contact information or questions about the program to Sarah Martin-Fanone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fenton Food Service Menus!
Please Help Prevent the Spread of Sickness, Head Lice, etc...
Parents: We have had several confirmed cases of a Stomach Virus and one case of head lice this week. The best way to prevent the spread of sickness, communicable diseases, or issues such as head lice is to take preventative steps at home prior to sending your child to school. Please also contact the office right away to let us know of any sickness or confirmed case of lice that your child may have. For more ‘health’ related information, please visit the State Road website and select “Student Health Info” under the Information Tab. Thank you!
Please visit the "Student Health Information" section of our website (link below) for more information!