Mission Elementary Weekly News
August 1, 2021
On behalf of our school team, I would like to welcome you back to Mission Elementary School. We look forward to working with you and your child/children this school year. In order to have a safe and smooth start, we want to share the following important information:
School Uniforms—We are proud to be a uniform school. The uniform policy allows the focus to be on learning and not clothing. Students really feel a part of the school community and new students are able to blend in quickly when in uniform. We thank you in advance for your support. Student uniform consists of:
- Tops: White, grey, light blue, or navy shirts or blouses (only Mission logos allowed)
- Bottoms: Navy blue, khaki, or black pants, blue jeans, shorts, skirt or jumper
- Shoes: Closed toe and closed heel shoes
School Meals: All meals will continue to be offered at no cost to all scholars.
Free After School Program: Mission's after school program includes fun activities designed to increase reading and math skills and homework help for students in grades K-5. Space is limited; we encourage you to apply today. ASAP After School Program Application Link (paper copies are available in our office)
Before School Care Survey: We are exploring the possibility of offering before school care. This survey will help us determine the needs of our families. Please complete by Wednesday, August 4. Survey Link
Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)— We encourage you to join our Parent Teacher Organization (PTO). The first PTO meeting will be held Thursday, August 19, at 5:30 PM. Look for more information in future newsletters.
Mission Elementary Literacy Fundraiser at dd's Discounts
Data Confirmation and Registration
8/2-8/6 TK and K In-Person School Readiness Camp
8/5-8/11 Registration 9:00 AM-2:00
8/12 Registration 2:00-6:00 PM
8/13 from 5:00-6:30 PM: Welcome Back to School Family Event
8/16 Classes begin
- Welcome Back to School Family Event: Save the date - Friday August 13 from 5:00-6:30. Look for more information in next week's newsletter.
- Back-to-School Family Fundraiser: PTO will be collecting your donations of gently-used clothing and shoes at the August 13 Welcome Back to School Family Event. Start collecting items you would like to donate. What great way to help raise funds for Mission students!