February 19, 2021
HYBRID LEARNING MODEL
Important Information for ALL FAMILIES
Our school is continuing to finalize details related to the hybrid learning model. Your patience is appreciated during this time! LWJES will continue to share information specific to our school's hybrid and distance learning plan in the upcoming days. Please take time to carefully review all information as it becomes available. There will be many new procedures that will be implemented that will be different from how school has operated in the past. Working together, we will achieve our goal of educating students in a safe environment!
All information is subject to ongoing change. Please check back often to review updated information!
Family Informational Meeting - 2/22/2021 @ 3 PM
Family + Student + Teacher School & Classroom Preview Appointments
Here is the general process:
- Families will set an appointment (approximately 10 minutes or less) with the teacher during the afternoon on 2/24, 2/25, or 2/26 (between 1:45 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.).
- Teachers will create their schedule and confirm with families.
- Upon arrival, parents/guardians and students will have to follow all safety and hygiene protocols (including wearing a facial covering and adhering to distancing protocols), complete a visitor questionnaire, and have their temperature taken.
- Teachers will walk the family through the MPR to show the process for entry and movement in the building and then to the classroom to show the room and the child's spot. If the family has any supplies they would like to donate to the classroom, they would be able to do so at this time.
- We need families to bring their child's backpack to get school and cohort backpack tags (and bus tag if needed). We will also ask families to complete the dismissal sheet to confirm how the child will be dismissed. In addition, we will provide the Chromebook transport bag that will be required for students to transport their device between home and school.
Please look for information from your child's in-person teacher soon with more details to schedule an appointment. It will be very important that all our in-person learners come to the school building prior to March 1st to help with a smooth opening week of PK-3 hybrid learning.
Hybrid Learning Schedule Example
We will post specific grade level schedules next week. The example is a sample of what a Grade 3 schedule might be for both hybrid and distance learning students. Teachers will direct students when to join sessions and when to work independently.
Everyone Must Mask-Up When On Campus!
Only certain types of masks are allowed to be worn at school and are required for all students, employees, and community members when on campus. This includes indoor spaces, all outdoor spaces on campus, and when waiting for and riding the bus. Check that your mask is allowed and that you are wearing it correctly!
Use Good Hand Hygiene, Follow Respiratory Etiquette, and Observe Physical Distancing
- Handwashing will be encouraged throughout the day. Hand sanitizer will be available when handwashing is not possible.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes - even you are wearing a mask!
- Physical distancing is to be observed at all times around campus, both indoors and outdoors.
Food Service Information
Breakfast will be available to students each morning they are learning at LWJES in-person. Students will pick up a meal and take it to the classroom to dine.
Lunch will be available to students each day they are learning at LWJES in-person. Students may also bring a lunch from home. On days with favorable weather conditions, students will dine outdoors. All students learning in-person are to bring a beach towel or small blanket they can set down on the ground to use as their picnic blanket for lunch. On days in inclement weather, students will dine at their desks in their classrooms. Masks may be removed only when students are consuming food and beverage and must be replaced when not consuming food or beverage.
If a student in the class has a food allergy, please be advised that individual classrooms may have restrictions on food brought from home.
Please Assist With Student Supplies!
Please take time to review two files, one listing items we are requesting as donations for the classroom to be assigned to individuals by the teacher and one that lists what students must bring with them on their assigned in-person learning days.
Student Arrival and Departure; Campus Remains Closed
Each day prior to leaving for school, families MUST review their child's health status. Students who are ill or have symptoms must stay home from school. Students that show illness or symptoms at school must be picked up immediately from the school and are subject to quarantine at home for a period of time.
Our campus will remain closed to community members until further notice. This means that most business will continue to be handled by telephone, email, and video conference. The front office will remain closed to drop-in visitors; only those with an appointment will enter the building after completing a health screening/visitor questionnaire followed up with a temperature check.
Our arrival and departure procedures will be significantly different than in years past. Please be prepared to follow the updates procedures!
LWJES Lunch Bunch Information
The link to the LWJES Lunch Bunch will be available in Clever (icon will have a smile emoji). Teachers will also remind students on their day about LWJES Lunch Bunch. Students must be logged in to their CCSD Google account to join.
- Wednesday (2/24/2021)
- K-2 @ 11:30 a.m.
- 3-5 @ 12:00 p.m.
KHC Deadline Extended One Week!
- Program Runs Online 2/5 through 2/26
- View the Kickoff Program here: https://eduvision.tv/l?ememOtA
- Sign up at heart.org./khc
- Video Demonstrating How To Sign Up: https://0373-wiener-es.eduvision.tv/Share.aspx?q=3SfVi13wT7Rx9rbtB6v0Wg%253d%253d
- Certain incentives will be available at the building during the fundraiser. Mr. Koppelman has shared information with PE classes!
Nevada Reading Week Coming Soon
Click here to see meal menus online. You can also search for food distribution sites on this website.
Our school's website with a collection of resources for digitally-supported education.