IFS-INFORMED EMDR 2-DAY
Thursday and Friday September 8 & 9
Advanced experiential workshop!
13 CE Advanced Training Program for Mental Health Professionals - $600
Thursday and Friday September 8 & 9
9:00 AM - 4:30 PM US Eastern Time
Presented by Crystal Whitlow, Nancy Simons & Bruce Hersey
Provided via Zoom internet video platform. Invitations will be sent via email shortly before event dates.
Certificates of completion will be available for download from CE-Classes.com upon receipt of completed course evaluations and attendance verification, following the ending of the course..
How is this different from the One-Day (6CE) IFS-Informed EMDR?
Limited spaces! Register early.
Registration is open until one day before workshop, unless maximum number of 30 participants is reached before then.
$100 discount for repeaters!
A two-full-day didactic & experiential workshop offering a specific view of ego-states, in the context of EMDR therapy through an IFS lens, regarding their ubiquitous appearance, defenses, & relational phenomena. A conceptual bridge is formed between the two models, yielding additional language to enrich therapist-client communication about the client’s internal process, and much more.
Understand the importance of Self-Presence and the co-presence or activation of a Target Part in relationship to the Self. Cultivate and maintain Functional Dual Attention in the Assessment & Desensitization Phases using measurement scales (beyond SUD & VOC) relating to Self-Energy, state-binding affect & protective intention.
Alignment with Memory Reconsolidation research ala Coherence Therapy for additional precision in targeting underlying implicit memories, to increase the accuracy of identifying and elaborating appropriate positive and negative cognitions in the Assessment Phase.
These methods will be demonstrated live with participant volunteers, and significant supervised practice time is planned for participants to learn by doing.
The content of this course is evidence-based.
There is no known commercial support nor conflict of interest for this program.
Registrants for IFS-Informed EMDR must have completed EMDR basic training and have familiarity with the IFS model either through workshop or retreat experience.
This workshop is ideally suited for practitioners who have completed the 6 hour IFS-Informed EMDR course offered live or the online version available at emdrifs.com. It is not appropriate for practitioners without EMDR basic training and previous IFS workshop experience. The latter can also be obtained online at emdrifs.com (IFS for EMDR Therapists).
The workshop does not provide training in either model. It assumes participants have knowledge of both. Reading IFS doesn't quite do it sometimes. There is a process aspect to it, and experiential, video, or demo exposure gets that across in a way that reading does not. If you do not meet this requirement, use the time before the workshop to meet the IFS prerequisite.
My experience has shown that participants with minimal IFS experience struggle to integrate the material, especially in practice exercises. If you haven't already begun to use IFS principles in your practice, you will not optimally benefit from the workshop.
Links to providers of IFS workshops to satisfy prerequisite:
also check PESI
New online option: IFS for EMDR Therapists at emdrifs.com
- Identify one advantageous aspect of the IFS concept of Self that is not explicitly included in EMDR’s Adaptive Information Processing (AIP) system.
- Explain the relationship between Functional Dual Attention and Self-Presence.
- Describe the concept of energy as it applies to Protective Parts and how this can be measured and processed within EMDR.
- Describe the concept of energy as it applies to qualities of Self and how these can be measured and installed as a resource within EMDR.
- Identify at least one way that IFS language can used in obtaining a NC, PC or VOC.
- Compile an IFS-Informed Assessment Phase target.
- Practice shifting targets from exile to protector, using IFS-Informed scales in Desensitization Phase.
- Describe & practice at least 3 IFS Interweaves in Desensitization Phase.
- Identify a third type of processing (beside resources and desensitization) with bilateral stimulation named after a stage of Coherence Therapy.
- Describe and practice obtaining precise negative cognitions in the Assessment Phase using Coherence Therapy concepts.
- Discuss your relationship with your parts-as-therapist based on the IFS model.
Continuing Education Information
This workshop is approved for 13.0 CE hours by EMDRIA, and for IFS recertification by the IFS Institute.
This activity is approved by NEAFAST on behalf of the Massachusetts Board of Registration of Allied Mental Health & Human Services Professions, for LMFT professional continuing education.
Syzygy Institute is cosponsoring this course with CE-Classes for the credit types listed below, which includes CE-Classes offering approved continuing education credit for the following:
Continuing Education Credit is approved through CE-Classes as described below:
- This course is NOT available for APA credit
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
- This training does NOT offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content. CE-Classes.com is approved by:
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0223 Expires 02-2023
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: (TBD)
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201
- New York Social Work Board – CE-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education
- Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of
- continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
Workshop Leader and Consultant
An LCSW in private practice at Altoona, PA for the past 30 years, Bruce provides advanced consultation in IFS, EMDR, Clinical Hypnosis and Sex Therapy in person, by phone and internet video conferencing.
People attending Bruce's workshops have said:
"Bruce’s integration of EMDR Therapy and IFS is brilliant. He provides a roadmap for therapists to make sense of the phases of EMDR Therapy - and any “resistance” or challenges encountered through the lens of “parts.” Understood this way, there are no blocks to processing anymore, simply parts that need understanding. His program helps with conceptualization and also provides a concrete step-by-step process for integration. I initially took his training probably six years ago and have taken it again since. It has transformed my practice. I highly recommend it."
Elizabeth Venart, LPC Supervisor and EMDR Consultant -The Resiliency Center Flourtown, PA
“I have been using EMDR Therapy extensively for more than a decade. The IFS-Informed EMDR Training has expanded my toolkit in ways that have re-energized my practice. EMDR and IFS are natural partners, and my clients are benefitting.”
Sonja Lindgren, MSS, LCSW
"I have already begun using your approach with my clients. It went beautifully!!! Much thanks! I've been to some of these things and been lucky to walk away with a small idea - this was one of the best I've attended!"
Deborah Reilly, LPC, NBCC
Accommodations for the Differently Abled
This workshop is held in a facility and/or delivered in a manner that is in compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act. Please contact email@example.com if special accommodation is required.