Reaching Our Struggling Learners
Two-Day Intensive Conference
November 1-2, 2017 / DFW Area
An In-Depth Session on Reaching Our Struggling Students in Authentic and Innovative Ways
Who Should Attend?
- Discover ways to reach our struggling learners through innovative and relevant strategies and activities.
- Ignite a passion for reading throughout your school community with new ideas for student choice!
- Develop positive growth mindsets in your students!
- Collaborate with other educators on what is working in their schools and homes.
- Discover ways to get parents into your classroom and how to empower them to help their learners.
- Increase student achievement with ideas for bringing student's interests into the classroom.
- Learn new ways to think about interventions!
- Incorporate brain break strategies into your daily routines.
- Develop positive relationships with students that cultivates year-long learning.
- Walk away with ready-to-implement strategies and activities for your learners.
- Help your students to have collaborative discussions and develop executive skills.
- Rethink what strategies are and should be. Learn ways to provide students with the best strategies.
- Discuss the latest discoveries in research from top researchers in the education world.
"Very meaningful seminar! Being able to apply a hands on approach where students are able to take ownership in their learning across the content is great!" -Corina G.
"Best one yet! Loved it! Great resources & strategies!" - Lindsay T.
"High energy, interesting presentation! Very useful information and materials!" Luis P.
Meet the Presenters!
Randi Anderson is an elementary educator, blogger, and staff developer with almost 10 years of experience. She taught third and fourth grade in title one schools in the Fort Worth area. Before entering the classroom, Randi studied early childhood education and English as a second language at The University of Texas at Austin. She has a strong passion for making reading and writing authentic and engaging for her students.
Check Out Kelly Harmon's Book!
Kelly Harmon & Robert Marzano teamed up to write Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes. The book is part of the Essentials for Achieving Rigor Series.
Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes: Classroom Techniques to Help Students Develop Proficiency explores explicit techniques for mastering this crucial strategy of instructional practice. It includes:
- Explicit steps for implementation
- Recommendations for monitoring students’ ability to develop fluent thinking
- Adaptations for students who struggle, have special needs, or excel in learning
- Examples and non-examples from classroom practice
- Common mistakes and ways to avoid them
$429.99 per participant
Register by October 1st and receive an early bird discount.
You can register by faxing, Calling, or Emailing your registration form in.
Purchase Orders are accepted.
We accept cash, check, or credit card.
Please Make Checks or Purchase Orders out to Kelly Harmon & Associates.
Call (817) 583-1290
Fax (972) 369-7327
For more Information Please contact us!
Download a Registration Form Below!
Reaching Our Struggling Students (Two-Day Intensive)
Wednesday, Nov. 1st, 8:30am
4201 Reggis Court
Fort Worth, TX
Location is the Hampton Inn DFW South
Wednesday, November 1st
8:30am - 3:30pm
Lunch on Your Own Each Day
Thursday, November 2nd
8:30am - 3:30pm
12 Hours of Professional Learning Credit Will be Earned by Each Participant
Each participant will receive a handout of resources and an online code to to access products discussed.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.