The Spark Newsletter
December 4, 2021
Student's Of The Week
A-Gl Student of the Week
The student of the week is Valerie Canales nominated by Mrs. Stricker.
Valerie is such a respectful and helpful student. She not only works very hard in class, but she is always looking out for her classmates. She gets their folders out every day and helps in any way she can. – Amy Stricker
What to expect this week.
- Front doors will open at 7:15am. First bell rings at 8:15am. when students arrive on campus, they will go to the Gym, until they are released to class.
- Students who arrive after the 8:15am bell, will receive a Tardy. Unless they have arrived to school on a late bus.
- December 3rd - Window opens for Final Exam Exemption Selection (in Student's Skyward)
- December 6th - PSAT 8/9 - Score Reports available (see info below)
- December 6th & 7th - 8th graders will select their High School Endorsement paths in their Social Studies class.
- Exemption window CLOSES December 7th.
- December 10th - NJHS Dance 4-6pm (see flyer below)
Forms are ONLY available via the Student's Skyward account.
Parent's login can NOT view the exemption form.
Forms are due in Skyward, by Tuesday, December 7th.
Final Exams begin on Tuesday, December 14th (see schedule below)
7th Grade is allowed 2 Exemptions, 8th Grade is allowed 3 Exemptions
Visit Leaman's website to print the PDF https://www.lcisd.org/campuses/leamanjh/home
High School Endorsement Pathways
- Our 8th graders will select their Program of Study and Endorsement in their Social Studies classes December 6th and 7th
- All 8th graders must indicate their Program of Study and Endorsement in writing via Skyward.
- Parents should review and sign Endorsement choice via Skyward as well.
- Students can choose their Program of Study and Endorsement by reviewing their Assessment results in Schoolinks
Additional Program of Study and Endorsement information can be found on the following webpages-
Informational Videos: https://bit.ly/3poYRnj
LCISD Endorsement Pathway Info: https://bit.ly/2ZSPIL1
Career & Technology Info: https://bit.ly/3poYRnj
PSAT 8/9 October Administration Score Reports
•PSAT 8/9 scores will be available starting December 6th. Your students can access the scores by going to the College Board site. Use your student’s school email address to create an account.
• If your student logs in and does not see their score, please use this access code to view: YLP3DG
•Watch this video to understand what information is in your score report.
•Visit Student Score Reports on the College Board site to learn more about how to use your report to determine next steps before the PSAT/NMSQT taken during 10th and/or 11th grade.
•You will get another opportunity to take the PSAT 8/9 next year in 9th grade.
•To learn more about how to use your score report to help make decisions about your schedule for next year, watch this video.
•For more information about the PSAT 8/9, please visit the College Board site.
•For more information about testing in LCISD visit the Students & Parents site.
Winter Wonderland Dance
Dance is Friday, December 10th - immediately after school 4-6pm.
Please be prompt in picking up your student at 6pm.
Cookies for Teachers - Teacher Cookie Exchange
Cheers to the Holidays! Send our Leaman teachers and staff off this holiday with some delicious treats and delectable bites. Sign up to donate 2 dozen mouth watering morsels for a Teacher Cookie Exchange! All treats must be delivered to Leaman Junior High School on 12/17/21 by 9:30am labeled and in a secure container. Friends of Leaman and the Leaman family appreciate all your support this school year. Please email questions to email@example.com.
Happy Holidays & Cheers!
Friends of Leaman
Washington DC Trip - 8th Grade
Attention 8th grade students going on the 2022 Washington DC trip:
There will be a roommate selection meeting in
Coach Walters room on Thursday December 16th at 2:45.
Please check in to your 7th period class and then come to 1420. Please check the list of students going on the trip sometime during the week of 12/6-10. If you have any questions, please see Coach Walters.
2023 New York City/Washington DC Trip
Attention 7th graders.
Be sure to register for the 2023 New York/Washington DC trip.
The early bird registration period ends 12/31.
If you have any questions, please email Coach Walters at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is going the extra mile for you?
Who is going the extra mile for you?
•Think for a moment about the amazing staff at Leaman. Who is working hard for students? Nominate a teacher or staff member that you would like to recognize for their hard work in the Be the One survey.
•Each week the results will be gathered. They will then be shared with staff members during Tuesday department meetings or Wednesday staff meetings.
❤Thanks for sharing the love ❤
Check it out!!! https://www.lcisd.org/students-parents/canvas/canvas-information
Smart Tag Information
This past week, every student received their NEW Smart Tag.
SMART Tag Replacement: If a student has lost or misplaced their Smart Tag - please order a new one by clicking through this link?
Attendance for 2021-2022
- Absences DO count forwards Exemptions for student's final exams.
- Excused doctor's notes must be received within FIVE days of the absence
December 13th - Last day to order Charger Sweatshirts (see flyer above)
December 13th - 17th - Final Exam Week
December 15th - Final day for Washington DC School Trip
December 16th - 2022 Washington DC/Colonial Virginia Trip - Roommate selection
December 16th - Winter Choir Concert - 7pm @ Fulshear HS Auditorium
December 17th - Cookie Exchange Drop off by 9:30am
December 17th - Half Day - School Dismissal at 12:15pm
December 20th-31st - Winter Break