Summer Reading Fun
Read ALL Summer Long!
Discover the SECRET to a LOVE of Reading!
The Importance of Picture Books
Summer Reading is ESSENTIAL
The single home activity with the most impact on your child's academics is encouraging reading. Whether it's
- bedtime read alouds,
- pass-the-book shared reading,
- a family book club,
- a mini research project,
- or independent reading,
your child's time with "eyes on text" is so important to maintaining the growth they made this school year. Please, expect reading this summer!
Check Out the Recommended Book Lists Below
Early Literacy for Young Children
Share a love of reading with our youngest Saints:
- Read aloud to your child every day
- Choose short, engaging books with sturdy pages
- Read rhymes and sing songs as part of your daily routine
- Show the cover and make sure to point to the pictures and words
- Reread favorite books
- Let your child interact with their books by turning the pages, flipping the flaps, pointing to pictures, and acting out relevant parts
- Ask questions