Alabama Green Industry Training
Improving the Professionalism of our Industry!
Ornamental & Turf Pest Control
What does the OTPS / OTPC class cover?
- Review of the State of Alabama Regulations related to Professional Services in Alabama and the EPA requirements.
- Review the requirements of the label and define the components of the label.
- Review the various types of weeds, diseases, and insects.
- Review the formulations of the pesticides.
- Review the math components associated with pesticide applications.
Setting of Landscape Plants
What does the SLP class cover?
- Review of the State of Alabama Regulations related to Professional Services in Alabama.
- Review the requirements to properly set plants in the landscape.
- Review the maintenance requirements for plant materials.
- Review the math components associated with landscape plant setting and maintenance tasks.
Need to post a job? Looking for a job?
Employees in the Alabama Green Industry work with and for the land. When you step outside, virtually everything you see that isn’t asphalt has been touched at some point by someone in the nursery and landscape industry. By making such a positive impact on the environment, it’s hard for industry professionals not to love what they do.
As Chinese philosopher Confucius once said, “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” This is what being a horticulturist is all about.
Check out the www.alabamagreenindustryjobs.org site today!
The Alabama Cooperative Extension System (Alabama A&M University and Auburn University) and AGITC is an equal opportunity educator and employer. Everyone is welcome! Please let us know if you have accessibility needs.