PLE Zen Den
October 12-16, 2015
It's time to get real about tablet issues. Over the past week we've had schedule changes, difficulties with Playlist Builder and other issues. I'm here to tell you that there is a better option and that option is Canvas.
There are a million perks to Canvas. Here are a few:
- Grades automatically filter into PowerSchool
- Students are automatically in your class and will receive anything you share. This eliminates the need to "push" resources via the tablet.
- You can embed YouTube videos and they play within Canvas
- Internal apps available such as the entire CK12 library, Zaption, Quizlet and you can add your own resources via NCLOR
- The ability to differentiate between classes and students
- The ability to collaborate with teachers and admins from across the county
- When using the Canvas app - all resources play within Canvas. This lessens the use of app blocker.
- So much more
I'll offer Canvas again as well as our spotlighted app of the week. Be sure to use the Sign Up Genius links below to reserve time with me. Have a great weekend!
Two dates are offered this week. Use the link to select a time for Monday or Wednesday.
Two dates are offered this week. Use a link to select a time for Tuesday or Thursday.
Bring your charged tablet to every workshop
Monday: Davis @ Guilford (Canvas, One Drive and New Teacher Observations)
Tuesday: Davis @ Allen (Canvas, One Drive and Techie Meetings)
Wednesday: Davis @ Guilford (Canvas and One Drive)/Kernodle PM
Thursday: Davis @ Allen (Canvas, One Drive and New Teacher Observations)
Thursday: Altman @ Guilford (Techie Meetings)
Friday: Davis @ WSA/Altman @ Newcomers
Click the links below to sign up for Canvas or One Drive training.
Great Teaching and Learning Spotlight
Great teaching and learning is occurring in every classroom in your building. Your peers are your greatest resources. Visit their classroom during planning to keep your ideas fresh. If you have something you'd like to share, email it to me and I'll feature it in my weekly updates.
Need to Knows
What is OneDrive? OneDrive is Microsoft's service for hosting files in the "cloud" that's available for free to all the owners of a Microsoft account. OneDrive offers users a simple way to store, sync and share all kind of files with other people and devices on the web.
Hey Allen! We need two (2) Viking Leaders to be an on-campus Canvas Coach. Please email me if you're interested.