Summit Middle School
Library and Technology News - Student Edition
Students and Parents!
Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a wonderful winter break. It was nice to receive so much snow during our break. I definitely enjoyed making snow ice cream!
Students, make sure you come to the library and see the new displays. We have a new display featuring several of our teachers and their book recommendations for you. We also just received brand new Science and Technology books as well as Career books that you need to come check out. I hope to see you soon!
Virtual Students: Remember you may log into Destiny and place books on Hold and we can set up a check out date for you to come to the school and collect your books.
Summit Teachers' Book Recommendations
January Book Recommendations
Top 10 Summit Library Books from the Past 30 Days
- Best Friend by Shannon Hale
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid : Double Down by Jeff Kinney
- Guts by Raina Telgemeier
- Lifeboat 12 by Susan Hood
- Rebound by Kwame Alexander
- 24 hours in Nowhere by Dusti Bowling
- Abduction by Peg Kehret
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinney
- The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket
- Ghost Boys by Jewell Parker Rhodes
Red Dirt Book Awards
The Edmond Public Schools Red Dirt Book Award was established in 2018 to celebrate recent books that are loved by our students. The Edmond Middle School Media Directors select 14 – 16 titles from a variety of genres. These titles are then voted on by students who have read 3 or more of the titles before the voting end date (early April).
- Don't forget to charge your Chromebook every night.
- Power off your Chromebook at least once a week.
- A quick fix for many Chromebook problems is to just remove the user and Power Off.
- Close tabs that you are not using; the more tabs that are open--the slower your Chromebook will be.
- If you are not at school and your Chromebook is broken, please go to Tech Central at 1216 S. Rankin St., Edmond. Hours of Operation are 8 am - 4pm, Monday-Friday.
Summit library media director
Feel free to email or call me anytime you have questions or concerns about tech issues, our library, books, databases or Chromebooks.