Davis Richmond E-News
April 30, 2021
End of Year Celebration Calendar
During the last 26 days of school, we will be participating in the ABC Celebration. Each school day will have a different activity depending on the letter of the day. Your child may need to bring certain things on various days. Click HERE to view our end of year Davis/Richmond celebration calendar.
CLASS PLACEMENT INPUT - Deadline Today!
In planning for the upcoming school year, parents are invited to provide information that will assist us in the class placement process. Please click here for a letter that details the process for sharing that input.
Teacher Appreciation Week is NEXT WEEK! May 3-7
PTO is making plans to honor and thank our hard working teachers! Thank you to parents who have signed up to donate drinks throughout the week to teachers and staff.
See below for our plan for IN-PERSON teachers and staff.
For REMOTE teachers, PTO plans to send each remote teacher an E-Gift Card, since they are unable to participate in the building activities we have planned.
If you are a remote learning family, please consider sending your teacher an email or video message during Teacher Appreciation Week to express your gratitude for all of their hard work during this unique school year!
Our kindergartners are very excited about their soon to be baby chicks! Right now the kinder classes are anxiously awaiting their arrival next week. In the meantime they had the opportunity to get a sneak peek of the developing chicks by using a flashlight. Mrs. Kinney’s class wrote out step by step directions on how to look in the eggs.
In person students will take their Spring i-Ready reading and math assessment. Students took the assessment in the fall, winter and now the spring. Here is the i-Ready Schedule for Davis.
- 5/4 - iReady Math Diagnostic (1st and 2nd)
- 5 /6 - iReady Reading Diagnostic (1st and 2nd)
- 5/10 - iReady Math Diagnostic (kinder)
- 5/12 - iReady Reading Diagnostic (kinder)
CARE Meetings Kindness Month
May is Kindness Month and to celebrate, the students of Richmond Intermediate will be participating in three school-wide activities.
- “Kindness is Free! Sprinkle that Stuff Everywhere!” Throughout the month, students will be encouraged to complete random acts of kindness. After completing their act, students will be given a square to add to our “Sprinkle Kindness” wall in the front foyer. We will also be encouraging students to celebrate when they see others showing kindness! Watch social media to see pictures of our kindness wall as it grows throughout the final month of the school year.
- May 7: Kindness Rocks - On “Kindness Day,” all students will be decorating a kindness rock to spread positivity. Students will be encouraged to place their rock somewhere either on school grounds, on their walk home, in their neighborhood, etc. This spring and summer, be on the lookout for Richmond Kindness Rocks in the community.
- May 10: Thank You Letters - On “Letter Day,” we will partner with a few students from St. Charles East (and former Richmond students) to spread kindness and gratitude to our local health care workers for all of their hard work in helping keep our community safe.
In person students will take their Spring i-Ready reading and math assessment. Students took the assessment in the fall, winter and now the spring. We will test Monday through Thursday next week, with make-ups starting the day following a missed test. If you have any specific questions about exact times, please reach out to your child’s teacher.
Our students participated in their third fire drill of the year today. They did a great job exiting quickly and quietly.