Message from the Lion
Healthy Mind, Healthy Body, Healthy LION
Lions are a symbol of COURAGE!
What is bullying?
Bullying is unwanted, aggressive behavior among school aged children that involves a real or perceived power imbalance. The behavior is repeated, or has the potential to be repeated, over time. Both kids who are bullied and who bully others may have serious and lasting problems.
Effects of Bullying
Bullying can affect everyone—those who are bullied, those who bully, and those who witness bullying. Bullying is linked to many negative outcomes including impacts on mental health, substance use, and suicide. It is important to talk to kids to determine whether bullying—or something else—is a concern.
What CAN you do?
STOP bullying on the spot!
- Stay Calm
- Intervene immediately
- Ask the person being bullied to come with you
- Make sure everyone is safe
What do you not do?
- Ignore it
- Wait for someone else to tell an adult
- Understand what bullying is
- Talk about how to stand up to it safely.
- Let people know its unacceptable.
- Tell an adult. If they don't act then tell another adult.
- Model how to treat others with kindness and respect.