Week of December 7, 2015
I hope you had a wonderful week. 2MU was very busy learning and growing, both socially and academically. Please read on to learn more about our exciting week!
- This week we read and discussed different versions of the Cinderella story. We read: Perrault's Cinderella, Adelita, Yeh Shen, The Egyptian Cinderella, and Cinder Edna.
- Once we read the stories, we marked the location of each Cinderella story on a world map. We also noted each story's fairy tale elements on a graphic organizer.
- During Writers' Workshop, we began writing a another Lab Report ~ Writing like a scientist.
- We learned the word catapult and built our own catapult to conduct our next experiment. Be sure to check out the photos below.
- To start our lab report, we came up with the question, "Which will travel farther when catapulted, a ping-pong ball or a cotton ball. We wrote our hypothesis, materials, and procedure pages.
- We conducted the experiment by catapulting each object 3 times (see photos below). We learned that scientist do multiple tries in order to collect useful data. We documented our results. Stay tuned for our results and conclusions!
- We completed Unit 3 ~ Learning More Fact Strategies.
- We learned the game Subtraction Top-It
- We visited the Computer Lab and participated in a world wide "hour of code." The children were able to "code" and enable their favorite characters to move and perform tasks. Be sure to ask your child about this fun activity. You and your child can log on to the website from home as well. Learn more about Hour of Code and start coding.