IN THE KNOW....
This Week's Shout OUTS:
Big shout out to Mrs Renee. Her thoughtfulness and awesome COOKING Skills!! Whoop Whoop!
Many thanks to Renee for the awesome lunch.
Renee for spoiling us all with a surprise lunch J
To Renee for the delicious lunch!
Renee for the scrumptious meal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Angie Vaksvik for being an awesome team player!
- Miss Renee for feeding us!
Ms. Renee for the fabulous home cookin’ she brought to us! YUM!
Renee for yummy lunch!! A perfect Wednesday treat!!
- 2nd grade team who are always willing to work out any bumps in the road!
- Renee for an awesome lunch today!
- Specialists who give up instructional time to support our shows !!
- Second grade teachers and Specials teachers along with Mrs. Riedesel for the great tribute to Black Americans!
It is time to select our 2016 Teacher of the Year!
Criteria to consider:
- Teachers must have a continuing SP license to be eligible for regional and state levels of competition. This means anyone with any level of BT status would not be considered for the regional or state title.
- Anyone resigning or retiring at the end of this year is not eligible.
A candidate should...
• be making significant contributions to the total school program.
• be involved in his/her community.
• be able to address a variety of audiences on local, state, and national issues.
• demonstrate the knowledge and best classroom practices that meet the needs of all
School Selection Process
1. The principal or his/her designee will accept written nominations by secret ballot
from eligible certified personnel only. (Wednesday at 3:30pm)
2. The principal or his/her designee will contact all nominated parties to see if they
are interested in having their names placed on the ballot.
3. Certified personnel will vote by secret ballot and the one who receives the most
votes will be the declared the winner. (Will vote February 26)
PES Core Beliefs
- Everyone is of value and has a gift to share.
- We each learn at a different pace.
- Everyone deserves a quality education.
- Relationships are key.
- Teaching the whole child is essential.
- Every child deserves a fair chance.
Relay for Life Shirts
The sign up form for Relay for Life shirts is in the work room. Short sleeves are $15 and long sleeves are $20 – cash only. Please give money to Jane. Money and orders are due by Wednesday, Feb. 25th. We will have another collection in March, so no pressure to order now!
In the Week Ahead.....
Pledge - Ayers
Bus Duty pm - Stone
Auditorium - Stone/Kristek
Bus/Cafeteria am - Easom
Carpool IA am - Threatt
Jump Rope for Heart This Week during your PE class! We need rope turners and cheerleaders!
FIrst Grade Differentiation Day
Douglas out all day
PLC Reflections Meetings - all PLCs except 1st
Jeans Wednesday if you paid for Relay for Life!
Kindergarten Differentiation Day
Progress Reports - TR
NCTIES meeting after school - 3pm - conference room
2nd grade Differentiation Day
Lockdown drill 9:30am
Early Release at 11:30
Teacher Wish Lists for 2016-2017 Due to Mrs. Ciccone
Makeup Hours Sheet due to Mrs. Ciccone for certified staff for February 16th
In the Coming Weeks....
March 3 and 4
NCTIES Conference - one person per grade level
Battle of the Books Competition at PES (Several Elementary Schools)
End of Quarter - YR; Report Cards Due to Mrs. Ciccone
Schoolwide performance of The Lion King
YR Report Cards
Evening Performance of The Lion King
March 10- April 6
YR Track Out
Schoolwide performance by WPM of "Into the Woods, Jr" at 1:15pm in the auditorium