On Wings of Excellence
Dear Andrews Family
Thank you so much for all of your time and support that have immensely helped us to have a wonderful first semester in this 2015-16 school year! The dedication of our students, staff, and parents continues to amaze me, and I feel very blessed to be part of this phenomenal Andrews community. Please remember that Winter Break begins on Friday, December 18th - students will be released at 12:00 noon.
I want to wish each of you and your families a very happy holiday season. Be safe if you are traveling and enjoy this time with family and friends. I look forward to seeing you back at Andrews in 2016!
Joy Lovell, Principal
Friday, December 18th
- 2nd Nine Week Assemblies - 3rd-5th @ 8:00 a.m.; K-2nd @ 9:30 a.m. (gym)
- Early Release - 12:00 p.m.
Saturday, December 19th & Sunday, December 20th
- PTA spirit event at Delish Bubble Tea (8930 State Highway 121, McKinney, 75070)
Monday, December 21st - Monday, January 4th
- Winter Break
Tuesday, January 5th
- Students return to school
Wednesday, January 6th
- PTA Spirit Night at Mooyah (1st grade teachers will be there 5-7 p.m.)
Monday, January 11th - Friday, January 15th
- College Week
Tuesday, January 12th
- Geography Bee - 8:00 a.m. (gym)
Wednesday, January 13th
- Science Fair Projects Due
Thursday, January 14th
- Science Fair Open House - 4-6 p.m. (library)
- PTA Science Night - 6:00 p.m. (gym)
Monday, January 18th
- NO SCHOOL - Student/Teacher Holiday
Tuesday, January 19th
- After-School Tutoring Resumes
Delish Bubble Tea to Donate 15% of Proceeds on December 19-20
The next Andrews spirit event will take place at Delish Bubble Tea, 8930 State Highway 121, McKinney, 75070 (next to Subway, facing Custer Road). Stop by on Saturday, Dec. 19, or Sunday, Dec. 20, for a tasty refreshment, and Delish will donate 15% of the proceeds to Andrews PTA.
Request Regarding Fragrances
We have students at Andrews who have severe/life threatening allergies to fragrances, perfumes, and air fresheners. While we cannot guarantee an allergen-free environment, with your help we can attempt to accommodate these students in his/her classroom setting. Therefore, we are requesting that no fragrance products be sent to school with your child at this time. This may include, but is not limited to, hair oil, scented hand sanitizers, scented body sprays or lotions, and perfumes. We appreciate your cooperation in helping us attempt to offer a safe and allergen-free environment.
- For students who walk home - Please encourage your children to directly head home after school due to NO adult supervision.
- Students should be walking bikes/scooters upon arrival on school property during BOTH arrival and dismissal times. Thank you!
- If you are in the building during a lockdown drill, please enter the closest room, close the door, turn the lights off and remain out of sight.
- During a fire drill, please exit the building (200 feet away from building) until further notice.
- When coming to obtain your child from school during an emergency, please remember to bring a form of identification for verification purposes (e.g. Driver's License, Dismissal Cards/Tags with child's name, etc.).
The On Line Numbering System for SECONDARY transfer requests will be available beginning December 14th at 6:30 am. Parents must log in beginning December 14th to receive a number to hold a place in line for them on the January 4th transfer day. See link below for more information.
Science & Engineering Fair
It is time once again to prepare for Andrews Elementary Science and Engineering Fair. Though participation in this annual event is voluntary, we want to encourage interested students to take advantage of this opportunity to exhibit their knowledge.
Please complete and return the form sent home through your classroom teacher to receive the Science and Engineering Fair Student Handbook. This book has specific information about rules governing the judging of projects.