Eastview Elementary March News
From Principal Kates
It's been a great month at Eastview. Thank you to everyone who came out to support Math Night!
A few reminders:
- All adults must check into Eastview and wear identification while in building.
- Car-rider number tags are required in order to pick up students after school.
School Board Academic Recognition Program
One of the yearly events that the Fayette County School Corporation sponsors is the Board of School Trustees Academic Recognition Program. This is a program that is held at the end of each school year in the Robert E. Wise Auditorium at Connersville High School. This program recognizes students in grades 4-12 for their academic success and hard work in the classroom. Students who achieve a 3.7 GPA or higher during their current academic year will be eligible for this recognition. The 2019-20 Academic Recognition Program will be on Monday, June 1, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. Additional details about this recognition program will be provided to families in May.
Teacher of the Year Nomination Form - please consider nominating an Eastview teacher for Teacher of the Year! Nominations due by March 13.
Finally, please take the Annual Parent Survey linked here
February Students of the Month
During February we focused on compassion and empathy.
Karter Leslie, Garrett Davison, Hannah Woods, Braxton Kelly, Aria Musialik, Madelyn Brewer,
Harper Buckles, Jaxon Watson, Kaelynn Jordan, Jaxson Schultz, Gracie Smiley, Logan Frasher, Jesse Struewing, Conner Iles, Blakelynn Branstetter, Abby Shultz, Miguel Roche, Ryan Parks, Ayden Nichols, Nevaeh Marshall, Elizabeth Gibbs, Owen Ausmus, Tessa Kelley, Rylan Keen, Serenity Pennington, Kyndal Scott, Jaxson Abraham, Elise Roberts, Matrisha Messer,
Brent Browning, Chris Austin
Updates and Reminders
March Calendar (click here)
Dates to note:
- March 10 Talent Show @ 6:00 p.m.
- Week of 3/16 IREAD
- Monday 3/16 PTO Meeting in Library 5:00 p.m.
- Week of 3/23 Spring Break
- Monday 4/6 Kindergarten Registration at Maplewood, 3:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Monday 4/20 6th Grade Parent Night (CMS) 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- May 1st, Spring Carnival: Spread word and mark calendars for Friday May 1st, 5:30 - 8:00. Flyer here.
- May 4th Spring Music Program & Art Show (High School)
- Twitter: Please follow me on Twitter, @cakates1
- Remind: This year I'm using Remind to send updates about important class information. Please be sure to join only one of the two groups below. All messages will be sent to both groups.