2022 - 2023
AUGUST BIRTHDAY HIGHLIGHTS
Mr. Grimaldo - August 2nd
7th MATH & SCIENCE TEACHER
Ms. Thompson - August 24th
HIGH SCHOOL ART TEACHER
Ms. Chan - August 28th
HIGH SCHOOL MANDARIN TEACHER
CLASSROOM IMPROVEMENTS: PROMETHEAN BOARDS
CLASS OF 2023 NEWS
Please stop by the front office to see Ms. Gomez to setup a College Board account, and receive a fee waiver.Oct 1, 2022
Nov 5, 2022
Dec 3, 2022
Mar 11, 2023
May 6, 2023
AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM (ASP)
Monday, Aug. 22nd, 7:45am-5pm
7310 Bowie Street
TARDIES AND ATTENDANCE
The tardy policy at Houston Gateway Academy has been established to ensure a minimum of interruptions to the educational process in each classroom. Instruction at Houston Gateway Academy begins promptly at 7:45 a.m., and it is critical that all scholars be prepared to begin at that time.
After 7:55 a.m., student will be marked tardy. Once a student receives
three (3) tardies it will result in Saturday detention.
If scholars are absent, a note must be provided to the front office upon their return (notes may be handwritten, or from the doctor's office).
Late arrivals must have a tardy slip from the front office to enter the classroom.
- Student arriving to 1st period at 8:05 a.m. or later is considered absent, for that period.
- 10 absences or more per class (excused or unexcused) will result in credit loss.
- Students will not be allowed out of class the first fifteen (15) minutes after the tardy bell and the last fifteen (15) minutes before the end of the period. Anytime a student is out of class, permission must be granted.
- Students who lose credit during the Fall / Spring semester due to attendance must complete the credit recovery program during the summer for four (4) weeks in order to regain credit. Students do not regain credit will be required to re-take the course in order to earn credit the following academic year.
- After each bell rings the halls will be swept by administrators, hall monitors and paraprofessionals and Saturday detention will be assigned.
The school uniforms are worn Monday – Friday. Jeans are allowed on Friday’s ONLY! with a school, sports, or college shirt.
Only clear or mesh backpacks.
NO RED SHOES
Shorts and skirts are not allowed.
No Crocs are allowed unless designated during special events
Hoodies are not allowed to be worn (Level 1 Offense)
HGA BLUE SHIRT
NAVY BLUE -or- KHAKI PANTS
HGA BLACK OR WHITE SHIRT
BLACK -or- KHAKI PANTS
Middle school: They must be powered off and turned into the homeroom teacher upon entering the classroom.
High school: They must be powered off and turned into the containers designated by grade level located in the hallway.
Scholars’ safety comes first.
Parents are not allowed to visit classrooms before or during school hours.
All adjourned doors will remain locked at all times or supervised by campus personnel.
Middle and High school scholars will be signed in and out on the first floor.
Parents are allowed to pick up their children thirty minutes before dismissal begins only if they have an appointment. Only adults who are listed in the school's emergency contact list will be allowed to take scholars from school premises.
All scheduled events will be shared via cougar news (smore.com), emails and text messages.
Fire evacuation drill
Shelter for severe weather
Shelter-in-place for hazmat