MC SUNDEVILS CLASS OF 2023
8th Grade Transition Information 2019
It's Great to be a Sundevil
Welcome to Mt Carmel High School and Our Sundevil family!
- Are a student body rich with diverse populations
- Have an open access policy to over 21 (AP) Advanced Placement, and Honors courses.
- Operate on a trimester system which allows students to accelerate through math, science and world language courses.
- Offer a wide variety of electives including: CTE (Career & Technical Education), Nationally Recognized performing arts Mt. Carmel Marching Band, Jazz Band, Choir, and Drama, as well as Award-Winning visual arts programs.
- Have outstanding Athletic Programs.
- Host an Award-Winning ASB and a wide array of clubs and activities.
In addition to the resources outlined here, our Sundevil Way Guide will help you develop a 4 year plan that is meaningful and relevant to you. #itsthesundevilway
Choosing and Entering Your Courses
Discuss options with your parents and current teachers. You will choose 5 courses per trimester to total 15 course/trimesters for the year.
- 9th grade CRW (Course Request Worksheet)
Correction: AP Art History trimester 3 course number is 001717 (two leading zeros not three)FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
Sundevil Career & Technical Ed (CTE) Course Options
- Arts, Media & Entertainment Pathways: 3D computer Animation, Photography, Journalism & Digital Media/TV Production, Drama/Performing Arts, Technical Theater
- Computer Science Pathway & Electives (PLTW)* and sample 4 year plan
- Engineering Pathway & Electives (PLTW)* and sample 4 year plan
- Health Science & Medical Technology Pathway, Sports Medicine/Athletic Training/ Pre-Med Pathway
- Public Services Pathway: Fire Science/EMT Electives,
- Transportation Pathway: Automotive and sample 4 year plan
*Project Lead The Way (PTLW) courses are recognized as a respected academic programs (similar to Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate) by UC/CSU, and are ‘G’ electives
Do I Need an Enrollment Appointment?
Current 8th grade students within MCHS Boundaries coming from Black Mountain, Meadowbrook or Mesa Verde Middle Schools will receive their Course Selection materials at their current middle school. Those students will attend Registration for continuing students in August and do not need to make enrollment appointments.
Counselors will be on your campus:
- March 5 at Meadowbrook and Mesa Verde
- March 1 at Black Mountain MS
Current 8th grade students within MCHS Boundaries coming from private or other schools will need to make an Enrollment Appointment after May 1, 2019. Call 484-1180 x3108 or x3147 to make an appointment in May for the next school year.