All sessions facilitated by Dr. John Collins
Join Dr. Collins on October 19 , 2017 from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
The Big Three: Research-Based Practices That Make the Greatest Impact on Student Achievement Grades 3 to 12.
Designed for teachers in all subject areas at grades 3 through 12, department heads, principals, supervisors, curriculum coordinators, curriculum committee members, and special educators.
Lessen the stress of curriculum demands and state testing by focusing on three best practices:
- The Retrieval Routine to make learning stick
- Ten Percent Summary to teach content and enhance literacy
- Compare and Contrast Grid to build higher order thinking and multi-paragraph writing skills
- Learn about three school-wide practices that every teacher can implement to improve student achievement
- Help students develop general academic vocabulary—the kind needed for success in all disciplines
- Improve student comprehension of informational text while learning course content
- Give quick, clear, productive feedback
- Employ the power of frequent formative assessment and “effortful retrieval”
- Help students organize and structure analytical, multi-paragraph essays
Date: October 19, 2017
Location: CIU #10 Centre County (60 Decibel Rd, Suite 107, State College, Pa 16801)
Time: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm (registration begins at 8:30)
Cost: $150.00 (includes lunch and materials)
Act 48 Hours: 5.5
For information regarding the training, contact Bethann McCain, Director of Curriculum & Innovation at (email@example.com) or (814-342-0884 ext. 3076)
For information regarding registration, contact Bethann McCain, Director of Curriculum & Innovation at (firstname.lastname@example.org) or (814-342-0884 ext. 3076)
- If you are paying by personal check, please contact Bethann McCain prior to the deadline closure, or the school district for which you are registered will be billed.
- Registration fees will not be refunded for cancellations made after the registration deadline.
- Full registration costs will be charged to those who register but do not attend the event.
- Registrations made after the registration deadline will incur an additional $15.00 processing fee. Costs (i.e., overnight shipping of materials) incurred by the CIU # 10 due to late registration will be charged to the registrant.
- Cancellations can be made through your E-LRNR account by hovering over My Account, selecting View/Cancel Current Registrations, and finally selecting Cancel This Registration. Cancellations made after the deadline should be made in writing to Bethann McCain at email@example.com.
- If you have special dietary needs please contact Bethann McCain (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the event deadline, so arraignments can be made.
- The Pennsylvania Department of Education's policy not only requires evaluation forms to be completed but also 100% attendance of the event for Act 48 Hours to be earned. At the start of each event, a roster will be provided for participants to sign in. Everyone attending a CIU #10-sponsored event must sign in to confirm 100% attendance. Anything less than 100% attendance (and confirmation thereof) will forfeit Act 48.