Mrs. Dang's Newsletter
- Dot Day (school-wide enrichment). We will be doing "Dot Day" activities on Monday and Wednesday, but wear dots all week long!!
- Thursday- School Pictures.
- Friday- PTA WatchDOGS Pizza Night @ 7:00 p.m. in cafeteria and gym
- LISDOLA- LISD outdoor learning area field trip - Oct 21
- 4th Grade swimming - Nov. 17-21 (more details to come)
Homework (sorry there's a lot of info).
Much of the homework that I am getting back is not done with as much effort as it should be. I tell my students all of the time that I want their best work ONLY. I'm going to do a couple of things to ensure that everyone has every opportunity to do their best.
1. I'm going to send a homework schedule home again like I did the first week, so that the kids can pace themselves. I've had some feedback this week that it was helpful. Here's the link for it. They should stay as much on that schedule as possible.
2. I'm going to do a MID-WEEK CHECK. That means that the students need to keep their homework in their RED FOLDERS all week. I will probably check it on Wednesday to make sure it is done correctly.
Social Studies- We are going to be memorizing part of the Constitution. Students must be able to recite "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness--That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed." by next Friday. We will be discussing what this means this week and next week.
***UPDATE on Social Studies- Due to a change in plans, we won't be able to spend as much time on the Constitution this week as previously planned. Because of this, I am not requiring all students to memorize this. If your child has memorized it, however, I will give them extra credit for it. I want to give them credit for their work!
What Are We Doing This Week?
Reading- Homework due on Friday. We are distinguishing fact from opinion this week. We will also be identifying similes. This will be tied into writing as well.
Writing - Editing/ revising compositions for the following:
Monday and Tuesday- Simple/ Compound sentences. Writing homework- due Thursday.
Wednesday- Run-on sentences
Thursday/ Friday- Similes
Spelling- Test on Friday
Social Studies- Dot Day activities (school-wide enrichment) and Early Explorers of Texas.
Math - Beginning Topic 2, Addition & Subtraction of Whole Numbers & Decimals. This is a review unit up until the decimal lessons. If you still have addition or subtraction flash cards, the students might want to brush up on facts.
Homework: Workbook pages Monday-Thursday
Math Website: www.pearsonrealize.com. User names are the first initial, last initial, ID #, @lisd (ex. pk10001000@lisd); password is abcd1234
Science - Mixtures & Solutions; lab activities will be graded this week.
I am loving spending time with your kids. At Polser, all of the teachers were challenged to choose a word that they want to live by or want to work toward. I chose "serve". I want to serve you and your students the best I can. I also had all of my students choose a word for their 4th grade year. Ask them about theirs!